We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ryder cup 2014

St Helens, England
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
ryder cup 2014

Hi, I am staying in Stirling for the Ryder Cup and was wondering does anyone know if trains will be running during matchdays from Stirling to Gleneagles.

Info I have found seems a bit confusing.

I know there is a park and ride park somewhere near Stirling but was hoping not to use my car.

cheers!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,610 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ryder cup 2014

You'll use the park & ride

https://scotrail.co.uk/rc2014travel/faqs

…turner.com/dr/…RyderCup2014Roads.jpg

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ryder cup 2014

Nobody will be allowed anywhere near the venue with a private vehicle. They have made it exclusively park and ride from 3 (?) locations.

St Helens, England
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ryder cup 2014

Thanks for the info guys :)

Any idea how far this park and ride is from the centre of stirling?

Hopefully I will be able to walk to it and jump on one of the buses.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ryder cup 2014

FK9 4TW ‎

That's the post code for it.

Have a look on a map and see what you think re distance.

St Helens, England
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ryder cup 2014

That's about 2 miles from where I'm staying. Thanks very much, that's a great help.

Exeter
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ryder cup 2014

Hi - reference the above, I have just been told there is no pedestrian access to any of the Park & Rides. So walking there is no good. Is there a Stirling bus from the city centre that goes to the Park & Ride??

St Helens, England
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ryder cup 2014

Hi.

I've read somewhere that there is a drop off zone at the park and ride for pedestrians so I'm hoping there will be some way of getting to the coaches to take us to Gleneagles. Either by bus or taxi?

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ryder cup 2014

I'm not sure what is happening with the trains Stirling to Gleneagles. It's a normal service but seems to be booked or limited availability. Seems ridiculous really.

You can get a taxi right outside Stirling station to Park and Ride. Just a few quid I would think.

Emelda

St Helens, England
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ryder cup 2014

Thanks Emelda.

No train service from Stirling to gleneagles during the ryder cup to allow for 'commuter traffic and special services from further afield'. So taxi to park and ride looks like the only option to me. Unless they do put a special shuttle service on from Stirling centre to park and ride.

St Helens, England
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ryder cup 2014

Just to update-

There will be a public bus service from Stirling city centre to the west park and ride.

Not long now :)