We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Family Review

Ballyclare, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Family Review

I'm just back from spending a lovely week long break in the crimdon Dene Holiday Park, with my wife and twin toddlers. We booked a 'Gold' rental static to use as a base for visiting relatives in Sunderland, and the 2 bedroom option meant we had plenty of room and could relax when the kids went to bed..something we could never do in a hotel!

The caravan was immaculate, and incredibley warm (warmer than our house as my wife repeatedly reminded me) We were ther for the pre-Easter week, so temperature was always a consideration. Couldn't believe the kitchen. lots of space, a huge cooker and a washing machine as well. Bathroom even had a bath, which was a huge bonus for the kids.

We spent a few mornings chilling in the very well maintained swimming pool, were the staff were always very friendly and attentive... Our daughter even managed to do her first piece of swimming without us holding her up!

The whole expereience was hugely impressive. As a family friendly break it couldn't be bettered in terms of flexiability or cost. With so much to see and do, wihin an easy drive, we'll be going back, later this year.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Family Review

Hi

I am booked for a 5 day break next week. What are the other facilities like on the site please. I am goin with my friend and our 3 children ages 9, 9 and 6

Ballyclare, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Family Review

Hi,

Hope you get the nice weather scheduled for this weekend!

There is an entertainment centre with all the usual slots and air hockey etc. They seemed to be starting their entertainment program for children, over Easter so I can't comment on it, other than I know they had different activities for your childrens age group each day. Can't remember exactly but something like bug hunts, circus skills, spy skills etc.

There is a play park with swings slides etc. A bit too precarious for our 3 year old twins, but should be ok for your ones. There is an all weather pitch for ball sports etc.

One thing we didn't try but looked pretty good, was an open farm just across form the site who offered loads of different animals, and I think kids went free, if you are staying on site..

Hope this helps, enjoy your break

Geoff

3. Re: Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Family Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hartlepool