We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plas Panteidal - Holidays Aberdovey

Which Aberdovey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucester, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Plas Panteidal - Holidays Aberdovey

Has anyone stayed her? Most awful holiday destination ever!

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,118 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plas Panteidal - Holidays Aberdovey

Well thank you for sharing that valuable and informative guide. Im sure TA readers will find it most helpful when considering their holiday options.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plas Panteidal - Holidays Aberdovey

At least I had a giggle when I read both posts :)

Gloucester, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Plas Panteidal - Holidays Aberdovey

Obviously I should have said - please be careful if you are considering going to Plas Panteidal Holiday Village in Aberdovey, This place is definitely not for the feint hearted. The track leading to the breeze block bungalows will test your driving capabilities as it isextremely steep and full of large potholes. Its reminiscent of a building site with abandoned rubble everywhere.

Accomodation is very grubby and the overpowering smell of animals hits you straight away. Dog hairs were evident even on the uncovered beds and pillows. Duvets and pillows provided were covered in stains. Dont be fooled by the pictures on the website.

Tenbury Wells...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plas Panteidal - Holidays Aberdovey

i,m sure you meant the territorial army,would be perfect for training !!!

Edited: 02 August 2011, 07:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plas Panteidal - Holidays Aberdovey

Can I ask what company you booked this through? Panicing now as going for 4 nights in November. Thank you. Amy

Wales
Level Contributor
155 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plas Panteidal - Holidays Aberdovey

Cancel even if it costs you. The road leading up to the chalets, most of which are privately owned is probably as bad as anything you will find in the Alps.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plas Panteidal - Holidays Aberdovey

We are a young coupple with a dog not too worried about the road as long as we can actually get up it but am worried now about what the accommodation will be like, we've booked through abberdovey holidays, the testimonials on the website seem good and the gentleman who took our booking steve was very helpful. Don't know what to do now as will loose £119 we've paid.

Aberdovey, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Plas Panteidal - Holidays Aberdovey

This is not quite true, the road has been poor but pot holes have been repaired and will have ongoing maintenance

Edited: 15 October 2011, 15:22
London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Plas Panteidal - Holidays Aberdovey

Ah ok thank you very much, was a little worried! Hope the bungalow is ok, will take some flash just incase!!

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
648 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Plas Panteidal - Holidays Aberdovey

On their web site it does say, 'on a wooded hillside', 'unsuitable for the disabled', 'vehicle recommended', 'magnificent views'. I would think that should give a clue that it is on a steep hillside. I can see these chalets from my home in Borth & they are high up on the hill.

Get answers to your questions about Aberdovey