We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor

Which Bangor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor

Im going to Bangor on the 31st August for 2 nights and need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor for 2 people. Im not familiar with Ireland at all. Can anybody recommend anywhere?

Thanks

belfast
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor

for snow patrol is it?

Bangor doesn't have many hotels. Mostly b&bs.

There is the marine court hotel at the sea front and ward park is 10 minutes walk from there. It would be the main hotel. Next is The Royal next door and the bangor bay inn.

After those it's all b&bs, mostly along the seafront. Taxis are about £3 and readily available. It's all a small town and nearly everything is walking distance.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor

How did you guess ! thanks for your help Star

belfast
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor

lol. as i said, a small town. much doesnt go a miss!

N>Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: I need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor

im having the exact same problem- but at least urs is only 2- mine for 16!! hen night- all of us for snow patrol- enjoy the concert

Newtownards
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor

Hi, If you're booking for a large party you could call the Bangor Tourism centre & rent an apartment or house...it'd probably work out as cheap as hotels for the night. It might be a bit cramped, but you'd be staggering distance from the concert!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor

Ive just rang Bangor Tourist Board and all the accommodation in Bangor is booked up for that weekend ! does anybody know of any accommodation on the way from Belfast to Bangor ?

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: I need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor

I live in Bangor, all the hotels & B&Bs are booked up due to the thousands of people coming to visit!

If you are unable to get somewhere to stay in Bangor itself, you could go a bit further out.

Clandeboye Lodge Hotel or Culloden Hotel in Holywood! These hotels could be a bit more expensive though. You could search on google for B&B in Holywood, a taxi from Holywood to Bangor would be around £7.

If not you could try Donaghadee for B&Bs, again just search on google. A taxi from Donaghadee would also be about £6 into Bangor.

Or if these 2 places both fail, search for Newtownards. A taxi would also cost around £6.

Although there is buses that run from all these places into Bangor.

Any other info required just ask x

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor

there shuttle buses running to belfast after the concert the bus station is only 5 mins walk from the venue so you could stay there

Northern Ireland
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: I need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor

If you're staying in Belfast -

Ticketmaster has sent out emails to people who have bought tickets, with details of the bus and rail services running from Bangor-Belfast that night, but a lot of people I know haven't got this email, so here -

"Saturday bus services between Great Victoria Street and Bangor depart every 30 minutes at 17 & 47 minutes past the hour, i.e., 1517, 1547, 1617, 1647 with an estimated journey time of 37 minutes.

Trains will pick up at all stations along the route. Additional capacity will be provided on the day.

Special late night concert shuttle rail services will run from 11.20pm with the last train departing Bangor at 00.45am.

A return ticket for the special late night concert trains will cost £10 and passengers must also be in possession of a valid boarding pass in order to travel.

Tickets for the late night concert rail shuttle can be purchased from the following rail stations: Great Victoria Street; Central; Lisburn; Lurgan; Portadown; Carrickfergus; Larne; Ballymena; Coleraine; and Londonderry.

Only customers holding late night concert shuttle service tickets and boarding cards will be permitted to travel on the special services after 2230. Both must be shown at ticket barriers or on request."

Hope that helps!

Am also going to the concert; can't wait!

10. Re: I need accommodation near Ward Park, Bangor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Bangor