We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay between Penzance and Lyme Regis?

Tromso
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay between Penzance and Lyme Regis?

I''m spending 2 weeks in the Cornwall area this summer with my husband and 2 children, and most nights are now booked. We are however looking for somewhere nice to visit a day or two along the south coast, somewhere between Penzance and Lyme Regis. Would be greatful for any suggestions!

Braunton, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay between Penzance and Lyme Regis?

I would suggest Fowey. It really is an unmissable stop if you haven't got it on your itinerary already.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,292 posts
1,471 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay between Penzance and Lyme Regis?

Hi,

Forgotmytoothbrush , I wished I had heard of Fowey...we wanted to stay at Lyme Regis but there was a festival happening a total nightmare, so we had to move on , on and on and on as evidently it was a bank holiday and everything was booked out.....we ended up in New Forest. !!

Another option is Newquay, depending on your budget we stay at the Headland Hotel and loved it. ( no review yet..just back home)...

Our other favourite place was Port Isaac ....check it out, its very cute,

http://www.cornwalls.co.uk/Port-Isaac/

Have fun,

EM.

Edited: 12 May 2010, 13:42
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay between Penzance and Lyme Regis?

Hi there

When you say "somewhere between Penzance and Lyme Regis", do you mean somewhere to stop on the way to Cornwall or somewhere to visit once you are there? If it's the latter, then Lyme Regis is a long, long way from Cornwall and would make for a lot of driving, too much for a day trip.

Tromso
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay between Penzance and Lyme Regis?

Thanks! Fowey looks great! Exactly the kind of place we are looking for!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay between Penzance and Lyme Regis?

Hi there

You might like to check out Polperro as well, lovely fishing village with plenty to do and see.

www.polperro.org

Tromso
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay between Penzance and Lyme Regis?

Ah! Polperro looks idyllic too! I'll start checking out accommodation in both Fowey and Polperro :-)

7. Re: Where to stay between Penzance and Lyme Regis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 05:16