We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gwydir Castle B&B problem

Northern Calif...
Level Contributor
61 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Gwydir Castle B&B problem

Has anyone stayed at Gwydir Castle? It was suggested we book there for our stay in Northern Wales. I've emailed them, and left a phone message, and even spoke on the phone once with the owner, and still can't seem to get a return communication to actually book a room. I'm worried that this might not be such a good, reliable place to stay. Has anyone any experience with this B&B?

Conwy.North Wales
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gwydir Castle B&B problem

Hi, i will contact them for you and see if i get a reply.

joana

Northern Calif...
Level Contributor
61 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gwydir Castle B&B problem

Thank you. I would really appreciate that. They should have my email address from emails I have sent (2) and also I gave it to them over the phone. I can only think that there has been some personal problem that has come up and stopped them from responding.

Conwy.North Wales
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gwydir Castle B&B problem

Hi

I recommend this B&B because the location is great it has loads of history and I imagine its a very appealing place to stay for visitors from overseas, I am sorry you have had problems with the owners not communicating with you especially when you have taken the time to telephone.

Maybe if you don't have a response it would be wise to look for some other place to stay, it gives an indication on what sort of hosts they are.

Obviously from the experience you have had I will not be recommending this B&B again.

My apologies, its difficult to recommend a place when you don't know the owners personally I don't know what sort of service they will offer, although I have not heard anything bad about the place its not good the way they have or should I say haven't responded to your request for accommodation.

joana

Northern Calif...
Level Contributor
61 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gwydir Castle B&B problem

Well I'm more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Its certainly possible that something has prevented them from responding. We had a charming conversation over the phone, so its rather a mystery to me why now this silence. Any news you can obtain would be a big help. We wanted to book for Nov 7,8, and possibly the 9th.

Kristine

5. Re: Gwydir Castle B&B problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Llanrwst
Recent Conversations