We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kissonerga

lancashire
Level Contributor
392 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Kissonerga

Hi

We are thinking of booking in at the Atlantica Golden Beach for a week begining of November. We like to be able to have a walk in the evenings and some decent shops, bars nearby. Can anybody tell me what this area and maybe hotel are like. We are two 'mature' ladies.

Thanks

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,082 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kissonerga

There is no where to walk near this hotel - it is fairly isolated and there are no shops (other than small supermarket/butcher etc) or bars nearby.

It is on a good bus route that will take you to either Coral Bay or Kato Paphos.

Happy travels!

Trisha

lancashire
Level Contributor
392 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kissonerga

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Sounds a bit isolated for us but the hotel sounded great, Never been to Cyprus we would like a hotel were we can have a walk of an evening looking at shops and having a drink or two!!!

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kissonerga

HI, I think you will have to do your walking and shopping etc in Paphos, but the bus stop is right outside your hotel, so no problem there. You will have lovely views out to sea but yes it is a bit isolated Also at the beginning of November it will start to get dark I think about 5 ish. Barbara

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
lancashire
Level Contributor
392 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kissonerga

Hi

Thanks Barbara003

Maybe give it a go next summer when its warmer and lighter

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,082 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kissonerga

In order to have a wander in the evening, you need a hotel that's located in Kato Paphos. Distance from the harbour is a good indicator of how central a hotel is, and it's proximity to shops, cafes etc.

Paphos is almost like a county and covers a huge area. I know of people who have booked accommodation in "Paphos" expecting to be in a central location and have ended up very isolated.

If you find an alternative hotel that you like the look of, do come back and we can help you to place it.

Happy planning!

Trisha

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
lancashire
Level Contributor
392 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kissonerga

Hi Missindy

Thanks for your info, I now know where to look for a hotel. I will keep looking for a place to stay, and will definately get back to you when I see something I like. Do you live over there or just know the place well?

Thanks once again

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,082 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kissonerga

Hello again,

I live in the village of Chloraka - just a 10 minute drive from Kato Paphos.

Trisha

lancashire
Level Contributor
392 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kissonerga

Hi Trisha

Lucky you. I may just call upon your services for some advice if we see a hotel we like, if you dont mind.

Thanks once again

Joan

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,082 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kissonerga

No problem Joan - ask away!

Trisha

10. Re: Kissonerga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2015, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Kissonerga
Recent Conversations