We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kissonerga butchers and bakery

Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kissonerga butchers and bakery

Just wondering if these are both still here. We came last year and they were fab, but noticed a few shops had shut. We're returning to a villa near Vardas beach as we loved the the area so much, so generally just looking for a bit of an area update re shops / restaurants. Thank you :)

9 replies to this topic
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,524 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kissonerga butchers and bakery

Yes, both the butchers and the bakery on the coast road are still open.

Trisha

Edited: 17 July 2013, 20:17
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kissonerga butchers and bakery

Thank you Trisha. We're heading over in 5 weeks. Can't wait! :)

Ferndown, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kissonerga butchers and bakery

We are going to a villa near Vardas Beach, Villa Angelina, on 18th August. Any info about the area would be much appreciated!!

Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kissonerga butchers and bakery

We're actually going to the villa next door on the 21st August. The villas have a fab sea view and a good lay out! We went last September and loved the area. It's quite family / couple orientated, with very little nightlife (although you can get a bus or drive to Coral bay or Paphos if that's what you're looking for) We've got a baby and a toddler so it's perfect for us, as we just want to relax.

There are a few nice restaurants and some shops in walking distance. Vardas restaurant has a little beach and is lovely.

All my info is based on our holiday last year so hopefully will all still be the same this year.

Ferndown, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kissonerga butchers and bakery

Thanks for replying. I assume that you are in the middle of the three villas? Did you book through Solmar? If so did you book transfers or hire car through them? We are thinking that we will hire a car. There are 6 of us but it is really expensive to hire a 7 seater for 2 weeks, especially when it will sit on the drive for a lot of the holiday! We will probably hire a small one to use for shopping etc. We picked the location because of the bus route to Coral Bay and Paphos so that my son and his girlfriend can have night life if they want and so we can go to the beach at Coral Bay. We didn't want to stay in either resort as we wanted a really nice villa with a view and lovely outside space.

How far is it to the nearest bus stop and supermarket? Can you recommend restaurants that are walking distance? Was there much information left in your villa regarding excursions, taxis, restaurants etc?

I hope you don't mind all the questions? It is our first time to Cyprus!

Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kissonerga butchers and bakery

Hi there, no worries about the questions - we were exactly the same last year! Yes, we are the middle villa. We booked through villa plus last year, and directly with the owner this year. We hired an airport transfer from cyprus taxis - they were really good (price, child car seats etc) so using them again. We will hire a smaller car for part of the holiday but will probably just do that after we arrive.

The Vardas restaurant is only a few minutes walk and it's quite nice. I've given approx slow walking times. We also liked Harmony (5 mins walk) and Doria (10 mins walk) restaurants. Few small shops / small supermarkets (we may do a bigger shop at hypermarket nearer coral bay or in paphos) nice butcher and bakery on the coast road (10 mins). There are also a couple of nice restaurants, bank and chemist up in Kissonerga village (10 mins). The bus stop is only 5 mins walk (beside the Atlantica Golden Beach Hotel). Any single bus journey is only 1 euro.

It's a lovely relaxing little spot / lovely sea view with bits and bobs within easy walking distances and two larger resorts both about 10 mins either way by car or bus.

Other people who live in Cyprus may be able to add more but this is my info based on our lovely holiday last year - hope it's of some use to you.

Nikola

greenock
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kissonerga butchers and bakery

Have to concur with Niki regarding restaurants, as you come out the Villa and head up to the main road turn left and the harmony is on the other side of the road less than 5 minutes walk from your front door, the Doria is a little further, beyond the Harmony and turn left at the crossroads/traffic lights and walk down towards the shore, lovely location and food good as well, incidentlly I am staying in Villa Plaka in September, stayed at the five waves villa last year and have stayed in Kissonerga villas many times before, I have booked this year with Solmar villas but didn't rent a car from them, instead I rented from Argus car hire for two weeks 324 euros (£286) for a 4 door hatch back with A/C, there is a cracking big supermarket just beyond coral bay on the main road called Phillipos, all the fresh fruit and veg is way less expensive than the UK and tastes far better, imported items such as Heinz baked beans are little more expensive, but on the whole found it to be better value than the UK, a suggestion regarding your car hire issue, use Suntransfers.com to take you from the airport to the villa and the next day you can wander up towards the traffic lights and there are a couple of car hire places, you may get a good deal and you can maybe use them several times over your holiday as required, I know you will love the area and will want to return again and again as we do, have great time

Ferndown, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Kissonerga butchers and bakery

Thanks for the info.

It is good to know other people who have stayed in the same villas/nearby. We always like to have restaurants that are walking distance! We usually go to Turkey but last year we weren't really walking distance to anywhere (well not in 40 degree heat!) and we never hire a car as the dolmus is so good.

We have hired a car through Avis purely because we realised we could use my partners Avios miles. So we were able to hire a small car with AC for free which my partner will pick up at the airport with my son (who will also be a driver). We have booked transfers for the other 4 people return trip to the villa. We booked through Solmar. I'm guessing that they are not the cheapest but easy!

It is good to know that there are local cars for hire. We may go and look for if we return to the area.

I was interested in your comments about the supermarket. I had heard about Phillipos and it is probably where we will shop. I was expecting it to be a lot more expensive than the UK as that is what I have heard although the quality of the meat is said to be very good. Maybe people are buying branded products? I like to try local food as long as I know what I am buying! Is Phillipos easy to find? We are planning on taking our Sat Nav but when I put in the villa address it didn't recognise it! Solmar have said to use co-ordinates. That is fine for getting to the villa but is that the case for getting anywhere? If so, how do you know the co-ordinates?

Only 9 days until we go to Gatwick. We are all excited!!

Thanks again for the information!

Lyn

greenock
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kissonerga butchers and bakery

Phillipos is dead easy to find, from the front door of your villa drive up the dirt track road, turn left and drive straight on, you will pass the Harmony restaurant on your right and the Atlantica Hotel on your left, you will come to the crossroads & traffic lights, drive straight through passed the crazy spoon pub/restaurant on your right and straight on passed Vardas beach on your left, head on towards Coral Bay, you will approach a roundabout, straight through for about 200 yards and Phillipos is on your right.

Reply to: Kissonerga butchers and bakery
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kissonerga