We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rats

greenock
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Rats

Is there a problem again around Kissonerga with rats, I read a recent review about a dead rat near the pool area at the Pafina holiday complex, I remember a few years ago when they were building the new villas across from the crazy spoon and the villa we were staying at at the time had around twenty of them running through the garden one night, think the villa is now called "sunset marina beach" managed by a very dubious cypriot at the time, I had put it down to the excavation work and the rats were doing what we call in the west of Scotland a "flitting", will be staying in the area in September and would be grateful for any information, I'm terrified of them.

Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rats

We did see one rat run across the pool area/ garden of our villa whilst we were sitting out late one night. We put it down to the banana plantation near by. Didnt put us off and we're going back to the same villa next week! I really wouldn't like to see 20?!? :(

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rats

Hi Niki, did you mention the rat to the owner of the villa, one rat is one to many there were probably more hanging about they breed like wildfire. there are plug in devices the owner can buy to keep rats away from his property we know someone that lives on a farm he uses a plug in called duo pest it works.

England, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rats

I wouldn't let the sight of one or two rats put me off... as long as they are outside. They are just wildlife after all.

Inside would be a different matter though.

Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rats

Hi there, didn't mention it to the owner as it was an isolated incident and felt it was just passing through the periphery (very quickly), and not near the villa. The pool area backs on to the sea and banana plantation so prob very difficult to control. We really loved the villa and are going back. If I see any more this year, will def let him know so he can address it!

greenock
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rats

Hi Niki, please tell me it wasn't villa Plaka, one of three villas near the shore along from Vardas beach bar

Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rats

It was - we were in the middle villa, but I really really wouldn't worry.

We sat out every single night and only saw this once (and it was definitely just passing through very fast - there are cats around the nearby restaurant) It was last September. The owner of these villas rents through various companies and it has never been flagged as a big issue. We are going before you so if it is an issue the owner will deal with it. The place is very clean and he is very on the ball dealing with any problems.

Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rats

It was - we were in the middle villa, but I really really wouldn't worry.

We sat out every single night and only saw this once (and it was definitely just passing through very fast - there are cats around the nearby restaurant) It was last September. The owner of these villas rents through various companies and it has never been flagged as a big issue. We are going before you so if it is an issue the owner will deal with it. The place is very clean and he is very on the ball dealing with any problems.

Edited: 17 August 2013, 08:15
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rats

We're just back. Had a fab time... and not a rat in sight! :))) X

greenock
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rats

Thanks very much Niki, that helps, glad you had a great time, we're off on the 15th, think we might have more bother with scud missiles than rats...lol

Edited: 05 September 2013, 02:07
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rats

Lol - def no rats... Hopefully no scud missiles either ;) Have a fab hol.

Also, I would try the Sunset Breeze restaurant just down the road from the traffic lights at the lucky genie. We had a few really lovely meals there. Meditteranean cuisine so a little change from the other lovely more traditional Greek ones nearby.

Get answers to your questions about Kissonerga