We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

appollon naxos

devon
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
appollon naxos

anyone know how far naxos city is from appollon staying at adenos next easter and sure there will be plenty going on at the time of year thanks

8 replies to this topic
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: appollon naxos

It's more than an hour away from Chora. Staying at Apolonas at Easter may not be the best choice. Even in summer it is rather remote, not very impressive and far from everything. Staying in Chora/Ag. Georgios would be a far better idea.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,715 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: appollon naxos

Agree with Marjan. I have been to Naxos at Easter time a couple of times. You should absolutely stay in the town. In 2015 the Greek Easter sunday is April 12th. long before tourist season. Apollon is closed down, only a few locals will be sitting in the harbour. Even St George is pretty closed at that time. You may find accomodations that wil open for you, but nothing more.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: appollon naxos

I'm going in October which I understand is quiet & opted for Naxos Town after research. It seems off season it's best to be in the 'capital'.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: appollon naxos

We are in Apollon now. And unless you have a car and can go around there is nothing to do here. The sea is wonderful, Kouros is impressive, but that's about it. I was hoping for a celebration of the Naxos guardian St.Nikodimus bit even this is only celebrated in Naxos city. Apollon is only good for a very quiet lazy vacation with no gastronomic surprises as well.

los alcazares
Level Contributor
498 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: appollon naxos

Windmill Studios stays open all year in St Georges, its a little basic, but air con TV, balcony, bathroom and two electric rings for basic food preparation. George picks you up from the ferry and drops you back off again. Email him a few days before to confirm ferry time. There are a couple of Tavernas that are open all year in St Georges the only problem the pre cooked food is limited, when there are less people.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: appollon naxos

I've been to Apollon twice...once in mid June and once in early September....on both occasions we spent a couple of hours and that was enough....a few fish tavernas with waiters trying to 'grab you in' basically because there's no one there and they are desperate for custom....very quiet so I assume April will be even more so.

The journey by car from Town takes anything over an hour depending which way you go ...a bus will take you a lot longer which travels via inland villages......on our September trip we gave two French hitch hikers a lift from just outside Apiranthos ...they'd bought a return bus tickets (25 euro ?) to Apollon then decided to get off at Apiranthos for a little sightseeing hoping to then catch the next bus....the next bus didn't arrive!

Nice place for including in a day of sightseeing but for a holiday at that time of the year you may feel bored and isolated.....have a great time whatever you decide.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,193 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: appollon naxos

In town and the vicinity there are many options all year around.

In town this is recommended:

http://www.hotel-xenia.gr/

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
943 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: appollon naxos

Well said, Alona_11 and milesfromwood

Appollon is very limited, and desperately quiet outside July and August, or should that be just 'desperate'.

Reply to: appollon naxos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Apollon