We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time in Betalbatim

Which Betalbatim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hampton Hill...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
First Time in Betalbatim

Hiya,

We have just booked to go to Betalbatim on 16th November, we are staying at the Jasminn Hotel. We have been to Goa for the past 5 years, but normally stay in Candolim.

I just wondered what the restaurants were like there, also taxi & cashpoint availability?

I see from other posts that Colva is busier etc, just wondered what the taxi prices are roughly from Betalbatim to Colva?

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,821 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time in Betalbatim

Not sure what the taxis charge these days, but am guessing about 300-350 from BB to Colva. There are taxis outside the Jasmine Hotel. There is also a restaurant that has opened almost opposite it, but it only opened the week before I left, so I never got to try it. I know one or two people on here have been there though, so they can probably comment. It's called Casa Nostra, I think.

There is a small south Indian restaurant in BB village which is open at lunchtimes and until about 9pm, but apart from that, there's not much in the way of eating places within walking distance. You are also quite a walk from the beach. There are at least two cashpoints in the village and three or four general stores, a pharmacy, internet shop and barbers.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,491 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time in Betalbatim

Went to the Casa Nostra a few weeks ago for our friends birthday as they was supposed to have a special evening with live music and dancing, when we arrived there was no sign of a band or dance area but they said they were coming and they were still coming at 11.30 when we left

The food was OK but the service was rubbish as the chef and staff were falling over themselves looking after a table of four that were having a whole spit roasted pig hand carved at the table, they had arrived in an enormous Mercedes dumped right outside the entrance and sadly the staff could not be bother with our table of four or the only other two tables in use

A big let down for us as we could have had a far better time at New Town near where we stay, in fact have had far better food and fun evenings at half the price with Brian (Smokey) Bones singing playing guitar at Dunstan's cafe " Oshiann "

Lots of info from LGG here

tripadvisor.in/…47637993

Delhi
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time in Betalbatim

... try Travellers inn, Jazz Inn, any of the shacks on zalor beach

4. Re: First Time in Betalbatim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2016, 11:20
Get answers to your questions about Betalbatim
Recent Conversations
More Betalbatim Topics