We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodland Lakes Lodges

Durham
Level Contributor
26 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Woodland Lakes Lodges

Hi, has anyone ever stayed at these lodges? Do you have any tips, photos etc which you could send me?

Thanks

144 replies to this topic
Houghton-le-Spring...
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Stayed here September willow lodge VIP number 22 got wonderful warm weather, fantastic hot-tub, very central to pubs shops, grocery shops like tesco! Thirsk market place, light water valley.. And much more plenty mid- week markets! Fabulous lodges lovely new & clean very peaceful just what the doctor ordered iv tried to give this place a write up on here but can't seem to find it :-( all in all perfect for families. & couples romantic breaks ..pub/restaurant on site bit pricey but local shops fill your needs!

Newbiggin-by-the-Sea...
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

thank you xx We are looking forward to it, we have stayed in other lodges on other parks and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Stayed here January 2013 midweek, in a Chestnut lodge. Very relaxing holiday, went for my birthday, lovely restaurant in Rippon, forgotten the name but it was recommended by the resort, both had steaks which were perfect. The overall relaxed feel of this place made it brilliant. The hot tub was great, especially while it was snowing. Great size lodges for 2, massive shower with a radio in which added to the fun.

Went here based on a work colleagues recommendation and couldn't have been happier. Will definitely return.

cheshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

I enquired last year about chestnut lodge in woodland lakes park thrisk we didn't end up getting to go but are now looking at booking for December 4 night break in chesnut lodge vip (hot tub) I have read the posts on here from people who have stayed saying that some of the lodges aren't very private and that you can be seen form car park in your hot tub just wondering which lodges that is and any info on what you are overlooking in chestnut lodge.

Houghton-le-Spring...
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Ours was opposite a massive lake opposite car park but can't see you in hot tub ? It's sectioned off people can see you sitting on the decking and that's about it really we stayed in willow VIP we didn't find it not very private we found it really quiet and a lovely place to relax the car park didn't bother us at all it was all of our cars parked there.. Hope this helps

Save Reply
56. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Just returned from a long weekend here and it's was lovely fresh bread and milk ready for you which I thought was a lovely touch. However the man who greeted me on arrivle seemed nice at first but started to slag previous guest off about what they had done the next day when I seen him he was checking our hot tub and turned around and said to me this hot tub is disgusting you could have washed before you got in it. I didn't mind the fact he wasn't happy it was dirty but there were 4 adults in this hot tub and we we're in and out to get drinks ect so out feet would have been dirty. It was his stinking attitude toward me that really upset me he was very rude about it bad customer service. The day we were leaving we had to be out by 10am so we pulled the car around to the lodge to pack it up we were parked on a bit of the grass so it was a bit easier to pack the car as we have a 17 month old child who runs about this same man comes along on his golf cart and starts shaking his head at us and once again was very rude in the was he spoke saying if we broke the drainage system we would be charge a load of money. It was only a drain cover witch we were no where near a will never return to this place all because of one man. Other than that the lodges and park looked lovely hot tub was nice too

cheshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

thanks its just that lodges/cottages we have stayed in before with hot tubs have been very private with either a hot tub in garden (cottage) or overlooking a lake(lodges) so wasant sure what you were looking onto or overlooked by.

ive looked at the layout they show you of park and the lodges and it seems like theres 2 car parks that a lot of the lodges will be overlooked ?

Barnsley, England...
1 post
Save Reply
58. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Hi, I'm going to the Chestnut Lodge VIP in february 2014 time and just wondering if the lodge is private? Seen some reviews about the whole can see people in the hot tubs from the car park? and is a nice place to go to/visit? :)

5 posts
Save Reply
59. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Chestnut lodges have there hot to the rear so do not over look the car parks, do you know the number lodge your staying? Numbers 2a/b 3a/b I would say are the most private, I've stayed in the chestnut lodges twice this year & have booked twice for 2014 may & June

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

are the lodges easy to find?

Edited: 15 October 2013, 13:02
Reply to: Woodland Lakes Lodges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Carlton Miniott
Recent Conversations