We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodland Lakes Lodges

Durham
Level Contributor
26 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Woodland Lakes Lodges

Hi, has anyone ever stayed at these lodges? Do you have any tips, photos etc which you could send me?

Thanks

144 replies to this topic
Southport, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
91. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Were the staff fine with you having your husky there? ive a Rhodeisan ridgeback ya see, an bit worried they may say she is to big an not allowed.

Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
92. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Hi we just got back last week and were in 20a

The lodges are nice ...clean...small... It's right behind reception ...hot tub ready to use ...gets checked every morning... Everything's there although we bough a be frying pan as the one supplied was hideous and peeling off...take some washing up liquid and loo roll...

Lots of fishing lakes on site...other than that not much to do...restaurant was nice although we only had a Sunday carvery there .....any questions just ask

Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
93. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

To be honest I've put a complaint in

When we booked we told them it was a husky and they allowed it as long as kept on a lead.... Got there...the dog shed it's hair abit on the carpet and altho we paid £30 insurance for damage..:and they ask for £50 deposit when ya get there...they rang when we got home

Saying they are taking the deposit because of the dog hair... ( we arrived fri...got him groomed in thirsk on sat and then took him to my mams on the Monday while we stayed til Friday-as they are no allowed to

Be left unattened in the lodge)And also said huskys are too big ...only small breeds allowed... Basically said not shouldn't have been there as too big....we had permission when we booked and never clicked at the time but why pay insurance AND A Deposit??? We are taking matters further...:also take photos of anything wrong when you get there...they tried to bill us for a broken drawer which we took a photo of within half hour of arriving

Newcastle upon...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
94. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Does anyone know how big the freezers are in the Willow VIP lodges?

England, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
95. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

We stayed for a long weekend the end of May as we drove up to the lodges we noticed how quiet it was and this was exactly what we wanted. We stayed in 3a Chestnut VIP lodge as a couple. Within ½ hour of arriving one of the managers came over with fresh milk and bread and my husband wasn’t sure on something so asked him and he was quite friendly and happy to help him and told us that they stay in one of the lodges and where they could be found.

We went for a walk around on the Sunday night as we had been out and about sightseeing most of the time and we saw the managers and stopped for a chat and they were very friendly and chatty they had only been there 10 days so new to those lodges.

I know there is quite a few reviews about dogs, when we were there, there were a couple of smalls dogs no big dogs but to be honest there isn’t the space for them and when you are outside on the decking/hot tub there is no where to tie them anyway. But on the booking pages it does state small dogs only.

They do take a £50 deposit but if you leave the bathrobes and leave the lodge tidy you shouldn’t have any problems.

We would definitely go back if we were going York way again. Staff friendly, lodge clean and tidy over all we had an amazing time.

Leeds, United...
1 post
Save Reply
96. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

has anybody ever stayed in 20a chestnut lodge vip?

Bishop Auckland...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
97. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

They are absolutely fantastic made all the better by the people who run the office not sure if they are still the same but they were excellent.

South Shields...
Level Contributor
126 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
98. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

It's a full size fridge freezer and has three good size drawers in the freezer, just back from there (stayed in willow 24), let me know if you have any questions. Would go back no hesitation!

Newcastle
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
99. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Hi there, we're stopping in a few weeks time and just wondered if anyone could give us a run through of getting there to leaving. Do you have to sign in when you get there. And do you have to sign in and out? Is there a gate that's guarded or anything? Also when people talk about being welcomed so they show you round the apartment so you can highlight any discrepancies when you get there?

South Shields...
Level Contributor
126 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
100. Re: Woodland Lakes Lodges

Hi, you arrive at the park after driving up a slightly winding driveway which is maybe 1/4 mike long. There is no guarded gate etc and you don't sign in or out. Checking at reception and you will see staff dotting around throughout your stay. The management are inside 24/7 and visitors need to leave before 10pm. They take your car reg at checkin. Anything else, let me know,

Reply to: Woodland Lakes Lodges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Carlton Miniott
Recent Conversations