We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drinking age?

Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
drinking age?

Planning a trip in January with two teenage daughters. They keep asking me what the drinking age is. Oh boy!

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
566 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drinking age?

If you Googled "drinking age st lucia", you would have had an answer 20 minutes ago.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drinking age?

Just be aware that the legal drinking age is not inforced diligently.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: drinking age?

I remember drinking at 16 in St. Lucia. Those were the good old days. But it's definitely 18, same as Barbados.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: drinking age?

Definitely, legally, 18. However, no one "cards" you.... If you look remotely old enough, you can get a drink. Policing their drinking will be up to you....

Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: drinking age?

Thanks for the info. Sorry to bother you BB

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
566 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: drinking age?

Not meant to be rude. I just happened to check the forum and replied right after you posted, but google could have beat me...You would be amazed how many T.A. answers could be found by typing a few words in web searches. Plus I just saw a billboard "If you lived here, you'd be home now".

Regardless the info about enforcement is more relevant. If I went to St Lucia as a teenager I would have researched any drinking opportunities on my own and had some plans even if I was under 18. In my opinion, it is better to let kids drink with their parents than sneaking out on their own, but it is probably a good idea to decide how to handle it before hand

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: drinking age?

Thank you for your parental advice.

8. Re: drinking age?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Cap Estate