We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smugglers Cove vs. coconut Bay

syracuse NY
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Smugglers Cove vs. coconut Bay

We are leaving Sunday for St. Lucia. I have booked Smugglers Cove but with all the bad press it is getting lately I was thinking of changing to Coconut Bay. I'm not so fussy about the room/food etc but the burglaries are concerning. Unfortunately this late in the game I don't have alot of options. Thanks for the help.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smugglers Cove vs. coconut Bay

CB is a bit isolated from the other resorts but IMO it's a great location. Just across the street from the airport and easy access to attractions on both coasts. It is also much closer the most popular attractions, the iconic Pitons and Sulphur Springs Park. in 2005 CB underwent a multi-million dollar renovation which saw the addition of St Lucia's only waterpark. The resort is well-maintained, the staff is fantastic, food is good and the entertaiment is a lot of fun. It's also on one of the longest stretches of beach in St Lucia. We had a great time there. If it's an available option, I would not hesitate to book it.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,441 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smugglers Cove vs. coconut Bay

Coconut Bay is a great, fun resort. The only thing you would be giving up would be watersports - as C-Bay is on the Atlantic, no tube rides or hobie cats, kayaks, etc. Otherwise, I would probably pick C-Bay over Smugglers in everything else. And the time savings on not having the long drive to and from the resort is a bonus right there! You can be at the pool, drink in hand, while most Smuggler's guests are only halfway to their resort!

All in all, if the reviews are worrying you about Smuggler's and you have the option to change - then I would probably say change, just for your peace of mind, if nothing else.

GdBear made all the great points about proximity to airport, sights, etc. The staff is great, pools are wonderful, etc.

Enjoy your visit either way!

syracuse NY
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smugglers Cove vs. coconut Bay

Thank you for all your help

4. Re: Smugglers Cove vs. coconut Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2013, 10:27
Get answers to your questions about Cap Estate