We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smugglers Resort to Pigeon Island

Lawrence, Kansas
2 posts
Save Topic
Smugglers Resort to Pigeon Island

Long time reader...first time poster :-)

We are leaving next week for a 12 day stay at Smugglers Resort with our 3 yr old son. We are hoping to take a day to explore Pigeon Island. Can we walk there/how long or far? What path do we take (along the beach, road, etc.)?

Also, we were interested in taking a day trip to Rodney Bay or Castries. What is the best toddler-friendly transport (I'm assuming we can't really try to use a car seat in the public bus)? Can we trust a taxi to hold our car seat while we explore then pick us up at a designated time?

Thanks for any info you all can provide (and you have already taught me a lot via the other posts).

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smugglers Resort to Pigeon Island

Hi

You can walk it. It is up and over the headland

Smugglers used to organise walking trips most mornings

It takes about 30 mins, not sure if it is pushchair friendly

By road it is a much longer walk 75 mins?

There is a good taxi station at Smugglers. I am sure they will hang onto your car seat for you for a pre booked (or phone when ready) return trip. And being the hotel taxi co they can be trusted. The fare to Rodney Bay is about USD 15 each way and 25 into Castries (per car)

STEVE

Edited: 10 April 2013, 23:04
Lawrence, Kansas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Smugglers Resort to Pigeon Island

Thanks, Steve. I had previously contacted Smugglers about a walking tour and got no response :-( but I hope it is something they are still doing.

I hate to sound dumb, but what do you mean by "up and over the headland". Do we walk along the beach, a marked trail?

Great info on the taxi/car seat. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smugglers Resort to Pigeon Island

Smugglers are still offering the walk to Pigeon Island, I know that they do a sunset walk and think that there is still a morning walk although not really sure about the morning one though. It would not be suitable for a child's push chair I would think as there are steps at start of walk.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Smugglers Resort to Pigeon Island

Bon jou 289AnneM289,

The headland is a point of land jutting into the sea. In St. Lucia most headlands are rocky or difficult to walk around so the trail goes up & over.

Bless up! Paul

5. Re: Smugglers Resort to Pigeon Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cap Estate