We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read

Isle of Man, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read

We stayed in this villa last year. We were a party of 10 and based on the details on the internet written by the owner John Lincoln, the villa ticked all the boxes. With a description of luxurious we were very excited about our holiday, so we were extremely disappointed when we arrived, luxurious it was not. There were only3 bathrooms not 5, the swimming pool was not the one pictured on the website, it was very very small and not heated, as stated on the advert. There were no sun beds, but instead 4 ‘easy chairs’. The dining room table that was supposed to comfortably seat 10, did so, but with an extension leaf that wasn’t even the same height as the rest of the table. The lounge did not, and still does not seat 11 comfortably. Anyone can see from the photos supplied in the adverts that there are only 2 couches that sit 6!!! Glasses didn’t match, some were chipped and there weren’t even 10 wine glasses. There were a few very old, worn oven trays supplied and one glass pyrex dish - this in my book does not constitute luxury. What was also very disappointing was that there was no internet. It stated on the description that there was, although we were advised that there had been some problems but it was hopefully going to be fixed. Once we got there we discovered that there wasn’t actually any internet installed. No modem anywhere. I would say is that we felt we were very much missold. To add insult to injury John Lincoln has now withheld the deposit and is refusing to return it. The matter is still unresolved.

I would highly recommend that you do NOT stay in this villa. I have also discovered as the previous reviewer stated that John Lincoln has now changed the name of the villa several times to Villa Acacia, Fab Maison, Splendid, and the last time I looked it was called Welland. Why would you change the name of a villa unless you wanted to be disassociated from the original name?

PLEASE be very careful. We have taken Mr Lincoln to court and there is now a court order against him - he knows this but hasn't responded to it!

There are no reviews at all about his villa on the websites that he advertises on - why? I would find this very suspicious indeed.

As a previous reviewer who also stayed there has also said - the description of the place is downright fraudulent.

This however, is one review page that the owner Mr John Lincoln ( or is it Gill Batten? ) cannot remove. What we have printed here is the absolute truth and not a rant. Think twice before you book here - there are loads of other places to rent in France.

11 replies to this topic
La Rochelle
Destination Expert
for La Rochelle
Level Contributor
747 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read

This is not the place to review. This is a forum for people to ask questions related to travel and holidays.

Have you already placed a review on the review page? Is it still there or has it been removed?

If the moderators have removed your reviews it may be because they do not agree with your review, and they can remove this post if there are complaints.

At the moment TA has a bit of a bad reputation for reviewers posting damaging reviews on the site, and this forum is one of the only positive things on here, Id prefer to keep it that way by requesting that reviews are placed in the appropriate section. Any chance you could do this?

Isle of Man, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read

I absolutely agree with all your comments.

I would like to post an honest review if I knew it wasn't going to be removed.

Reviews for this place have been posted and removed - isn't that being challenged?

Another point - how can moderators remove posts that they do not agree with? There must be hundreds of posts that moderators do not agree with. I thought that TA welcomed reviews that give ' the truth ' - isn't that what TA is all about?

Are you saying then that TA supports rogue landlords and that reviewers are not allowed to post that they have been ripped off?

Why aren't you challenging Yettypaws too? Isn't that a multiple thread too?

3. Re: Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 March 2012, 19:35

La Rochelle
Destination Expert
for La Rochelle
Level Contributor
747 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read

I did warn yettipaws and yourself that the issue of multiple profiles and personal insults might result in the thread being removed. I suggest you take this up with TA

And as far as I'm concerned theres a place for reviews and its not here.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,449 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read

What authority do you have to 'discipline' people who post opinions on the site?

It is news to most that only TA participants who conform to your view are allowed to post here.

People review all the time and share other experiences on TA; it is quite helpful to travelers.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read

I'm with Janet here. There are literally hundreds of reviews of vacation rentals on the T/A forums. They are most helpful.

I find your 'warning' uncalled for and an insult in itself.

Maidstone, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read

Jensie12 clearly has a gruge to bear and this is not the place to do it, she should grow up and stop acting like a total raving lunatic.

La Rochelle
Destination Expert
for La Rochelle
Level Contributor
747 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read

Janet Are you not concerned that profile names have been changed and posts have been cut and pasted into different forum posts and personal insults have been used.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read

jensie12 - you posted a question about this Villa on 31st October 2011.

When did you actually stay at this Villa?

La Rochelle
Destination Expert
for La Rochelle
Level Contributor
747 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read

I see the mods are already watching and removing posts. Ive done nothing but defend this forum as the last bastion of positive information for travellers on here. I have no authority whatsoever on here and I will carry on passing on my knowledge of this area and make a point of forum etiquette where necessary.

Reply to: Brigueuil Forum-Welland-Brigueuil-Beware-Please Read
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brigueuil