We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December or April in Guana?

Stafford Springs
Level Contributor
6 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
December or April in Guana?

I'm starting to plan a trip with my two daughters to Great Guana Cay and our options are the week after Christmas or April vacation (I work in the schools too, so we don't get many options). Which is a better time to travel to the island? And what's the difference in water temperature between December and April?

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December or April in Guana?

I would definitely choose April. Longer hours of daylight, warmer, as well as calmer seas with fewer cold frontal passages.

That being said, June or July would be my 1st choice (if you can tolerate heat and humidity relatively well) as the weather is usually more settled during that time as it is after the cooler winter/early spring fronts go through, but before the hurricane season is an issue (with a rare exception).

2. Re: December or April in Guana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Abaco Islands