We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yoga in maldives

Boston...
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
yoga in maldives

is there any good yoga classes for relaxation purposes in Maldives?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yoga in maldives

Not that long ago there was a similar query about which resorts offer yoga and this list was very long ...

So probably best to look at other criteria (see FAQs) and then once you narrowed it down to see which ones also offer yoga.

Budget and availability tend to be deciding criteria, and for many of the regulars, a house reef.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yoga in maldives

I can't see it being something offered in local islands/guest houses (based on your other threads)

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yoga in maldives

If you are staying at the airport or a local inhabited island it would be very unlikely you can do a yoga class. That sort of thing can usually only be found on resort islands.

Maybe you need to research your destination more and revise your plans. The Maldives has only recently been promoted to a developing country from a least developed country, and it's still a long way away from a developed country. Sharia law, poverty, human rights abuses all exist. In terms of media access, it's still considered third world.

I can't even say staying in a local inhabited island is good to enable you to see the " real " Maldives, not if you are staying at the airport, sorry, as per other thread post your budget and others can help with better recommendations.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: yoga in maldives

Ashley .. i don't think you have researched your destination quite well enough yet . yes , there are awesome yoga classes in the Maldives . you find them in resorts . no , you cannot island hop to attend those . they are offered to guests at the resorts.

there is no corner yoga studios on local islands ... this is not like the California coast . its a very very different type of place.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: yoga in maldives

on reflection , perhaps I should clarify what I mean by 'different type of place' . basically .. the average Maldivian doesn't have leisure nor money to spend to learn how to sit around in a fancy way . if they do have time to relax , they tend to sit around the old fashioned way .

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,671 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: yoga in maldives

I realx so much in the Maldives I dread to think what would happen if I did yoga as well.

Difficult enough to get moving as it is.

Ashley, is there any reason you can't do yoga quietly on the beach to the sound of lapping water? Do you need a group? I do Tai Chi quietly on my own in just that situation. Not in the Maldives though. I would be comatose.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,565 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: yoga in maldives

Is there a beach on Hulhumale?

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: yoga in maldives

Kuri Inn Guest House on Omadhoo, 1 1/2 hr by speedboat from Male, has affordable yoga retreats. Beach and reef surrounding the island so swimming and snorkeling is possible as well as excursions, diving, etc.

South Huvadhoo...
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: yoga in maldives

There are yoga classes offered in Male to residents (usually through private instructors) and I believe the Indian Cultural Centre offers complimentary classes.

I would also guess that some guesthouses (the ones targeted at foreign tourists and maybe co-run by expats) may also offer yoga.

Kat

10. Re: yoga in maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 13:43
Get answers to your questions about Hulhumale