We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for Oman - NZ and Oz citizens

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Visa for Oman - NZ and Oz citizens

We'll be spending 2 nights in Muscat en route to the UK. I've read online that it's a free visa on arrival for New Zealand citizens, but $71 for Australians.

Could anyone please advise the current visa prices for Oman.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
6,782 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Visa for Oman - NZ and Oz citizens

Both Australian and New Zealand passport holders are on the approved list A for a visa on arrival:

https://www.omanairports.co.om/Page.aspx…

However you should disregard the part of the table which shows that you can get a ten day visa for OMR5 as this visa no longer exists. (Oman Air has still not updated their site to take account of the change in the law earlier this year.). Neither of you can get a free visa - you will both have to pay OMR20 for a thirty day visa - but you are both able to get a visa on arrival without having to apply and pay before travelling.

Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Visa for Oman - NZ and Oz citizens

Correction to hugedxb's post.

New Zealand passport holders DO get their visas for no charge.

I have no idea why, maybe due to a reciprocity agreement with New Zealand, but it is definitely true.

Australia
Level Contributor
238 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Visa for Oman - NZ and Oz citizens

Visa on arrival is an easy process, OMR20. They didn’t want me to use a credit card for payment last week so I gave them AUD.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
6,782 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Visa for Oman - NZ and Oz citizens

Oops, sorry for the misinformation. I obviously looked in the wrong place 🙄

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Visa for Oman - NZ and Oz citizens

Thanks, Maddy L - we went straight through to the passport section on our Kiwi passports, bypassing the queues formed after the visa line. Yes, it's a reciprocal agreement - NZ is very generous apparently, I'm guessing we really want tourists and trade, so other countries reciprocate!

Thanks again - it's crazy that the old transit visa for 5 rials has gone, especially when Oman is supposedly trying to attract tourism.

We met an English guy today, who told us even babies are being charged the full 20 rial visa fee!

Reply to: Visa for Oman - NZ and Oz citizens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Muscat