We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?

Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?

Only just over 1 hour( assuming on time) between flight landing from Manchester onwards to Bangkok. Sold by Oman Air but I was wondering if this is sufficient in the new airport. Has anyone done this? I travel at the end of January.

10 replies to this topic
Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?

Don’t worry - if it’s a through ticket, you’ll be okay for the connecting flight.

However, there’s a chance your bags might not make it. All of the ME airlines sometimes miss a connection for luggage.

Again, don’t worry. It’ll arrive on the next flight, and you’ll get enough delay compensation to have a nice meal out on them.

Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?

Thanks and I hope you are correct but it is a bit disconcerting to think my luggage might not arrive with me. It was the newness of the airport that had me worried but I will hope for the best.

Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?

Its not really guaranteed that you will be transiting the new airport.

They will do the first test flight on December 23rd, and they wont even announce the opening date until they've seen the results of that.

But regardless of terminal I wouldn't worry. It's certainly doable in the old terminal, and the new building isnt so big that it would be a problem in the new one.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,734 posts
156 reviews
4. Re: I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?

I flew with Oman last trip, guy next to me on the plane was panicking because we were 30 minutes late taking off at LHR, last time he missed his connection at Muscat and had to wait 13 hours for the next flight. We had a 90 min. connection, we had to run through the airport but we made it in time. 1 hour is a bit too tight IMO. So actually saying it will be ok because they will put you on the next flight is misleading. Luggage did turn up ok.

Uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?

No problem.I fly the same route regularly.Transit and security are very quick and the Manchester flight usually arrives early.Muscat is a small and easily navigated airpprt

Leeds, United...
6 posts
6. Re: I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?

I think I'm heading for the same problem. I'm flying to Dubai via Muscat (starting from Manchester using oman air). The connecting flight is a different plane and I can only hope that it's the same terminal, but I've only got 50 mins. Is this enough time and will my baggage get there?

Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?

There is only one terminal.

Level Contributor
68 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?

Yes One hour transit is enough at muscat airport.

Muscat airport is small, well navigated airport.

So you should not have problem for connecting flight if your Manchester flight lands Muscat in time.

1 post
9. Re: I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?

I am travelling from Dubai to Muscat on Emirates on a one way ticket.

I am then flying out of Muscat on the same Emirates plane again back to Dubai, then onto the US (cost purposes).

I will have my e-boarding passes printed, but the turn a round time is 1hr 10mins.

Because the Muscat to US (via Dubai) flight is a separate booking this is not a through ticket. I am able to process through as an international transit passenger because I will have a printed boarding pass? Note: I am not checking any luggage, only hand carry.

I know this is a new airport, and I am worried that I have to clear immigration first then go through the whole security clearance again, can anyone advise?

Thanks

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,700 posts
404 reviews
10. Re: I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?

I am sure you just follow the Transit signs, through security and stay airside through to Departures and will have plenty of time to board your flight.I doubt many people on your flight will be transiting Muscat so Security lines should be short and quick-but if not explain your time problem and you will be whisked through..

SS

Ps Do please let us know how it goes

Reply to: I Hour transit. Is it eneogh?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted