We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri-la (Al Waha)

Manama, Bahrain
5 posts
Save Topic
Shangri-la (Al Waha)

Hi,

I was wondering if the guests are staying at Al Waha hotel, will they have access to the beach? what about snorkelling and diving is it offerred by the hotel and any idea the cost?

thank you

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,998 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri-la (Al Waha)

The main beach is shared between Bandar and Al Waha and both hotels have use of the main facilities (meandering river and both pools). You cannot however get access to the Al Husn beach. There is a dive center and snorkeling is available from the beach,I am unsure of prices as I used the adjacent Oman Dive Center but an email to the Shangri La will no doubt get you a Dive Center web page and price list.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri-la (Al Waha)

I'm not sure which dive op operates out of Shangri La (perhaps someone who has stayed there will know). I did a quick search and it looks like it MAY be Euro Divers... I'm not sure though. I am guessing that the cost will be 60-70 OMR for a 2 tank dive, but thats simply a guess. You also have Oman Dive Center right around the corner if you do not opt to use the Shangri La op.

3. Re: Shangri-la (Al Waha)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 10:18