We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omani Heritage Village

Arlington VA
Level Contributor
161 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Omani Heritage Village

I will be in Muscat in two weeks and have read there is an Omani Heritage Village at the Shangri La al Jissah Resort. It supposedly has traditional crafts for sale. Also, on Wednesday evenings there is a Heritage Night with traditional food and music. Info I have seen about the hotel does not mention this venue...only reviews of the hotel. Any information about the village is appreciated.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,484 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omani Heritage Village

Have a look at recent reviews of the hotel, some reports about the Heritage village are disappointing

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294007-d121639…

Arlington VA
Level Contributor
161 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Omani Heritage Village

Thanks Silverswimmer.......As I will only be in Muscat for an overnight the slim and not positive reviews of this aspect of the hotel spares me the trip out there.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
737 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Omani Heritage Village

You do not say when you are planning to come to Muscat.

During the annual muscat festival, Muscat Municipalities puts up a decent Oman Heritage and Culture Village in one of the biggest parks smack in the middle of Muscat.

In 2012, I believe that it is planned for 26th January to 23rd February.

Muscat gets very crowded and traffic around areas that has the village becomes unbearable, but it is doable with a little planning.

Arlington VA
Level Contributor
161 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Omani Heritage Village

Thank you for the 2012 dates. I am visiting next week on a cruise stop but will try to return on a land vacation in a month or two as I'm in the region.

5. Re: Omani Heritage Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2012, 10:21