We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee with a local woman in Muscat?

Roxanne2010
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Coffee with a local woman in Muscat?

I will be having a 3 day stopover in Muscat on my return flight from Jordan to Sydney Australia in November 2012.

I will be organising a stopover package with Oman Air which will include a minimum 4 star hotel inclusive of breakfast and airport transfers. I won't be needing meals or transport but would love to have a coffee with a 'local' woman - either an Omani national or an expat living in Muscat.

Looking forward to hearing from somebody and then I can really introduce myself.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee with a local woman in Muscat?

Hi Roxanne,

I am not sure how to really go about finding someone to share a coffee with. I know there are various womens groups (American, British, Muscat Mums, etc.) who meet over coffee periodically. I know one of them used to meet at the Caribou Coffee in Bareeq As-shatti. I also always see groups at Costa Coffee in Jawharat Shatti (Qurum) in the morning.

You also might have more luck on the "residential" forums (oman forum and english sabla).

2. Re: Coffee with a local woman in Muscat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2013, 10:28