We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking class?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
418 reviews
Save Topic
Cooking class?

Hi all

I keep reading about the delicious food in Oman and was wondering whether somewhere runs short cooking classes (a few hours) for tourists?

Looking forward to your responses.

Cheers

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking class?

I have no idea, to tell you the truth. Would be interesting to find out, might be found in the Time Out magazine?

I would say you should think about what type of food you are interested in (Indian, Zanzibari, "traditional Omani," etc.) because this will change it up. I would guess that it would be hardest to find cooking lessons for the "traditional Omani" food, as you can hardly even find restaurants serving it.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,998 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking class?

I do believe some of the larger hotels give their guests the opportunity to join the chef for a cookery demonstration so why not contact your hotel?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking class?

NHI might be another option. Not sure of their short programs though.

http://www.nhioman.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
737 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking class?

Traditional Omani recipe:

1 buy a goat (if you don't have one of your own)

2 kill it

3 cook it

4 serve with rice

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking class?

Thanks for the suggestions. I will let you know how I go.

But if all else fails, I'll use your recipe al_in_muscat - ha ha ha!

6. Re: Cooking class?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 00:17