We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post Office opening hours.

Which Muscat hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Post Office opening hours.

Could somebody please let me know the post office's hours? I need to buy stamps for a colllector and I sent the post office and email which was sent back as "address invalid". Is there a place at the airport where I can buy stamps? My travel dates in Muscat include a Friday and Saturday so I want to be certain to visit the post office on Thrusday or on Sunday during regular office hours.

Thanks.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
724 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Post Office opening hours.

Best to go to the philatelic bureau, which is located somewhere in the main post office building at the bottom of the telecoms tower in Ruwi. Opening hours will be standard post office hours and they have a big selection of first issues.

An example is here:

http://www.omanpost.om/tabid/240/Default.aspx

London, Canada
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Post Office opening hours.

Thanks for the reply, could you please tell me what regular office hours are. Sunday to Thursday, 9 am to5 pm?

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
658 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Post Office opening hours.

Government office hours are usually Sunday - Thursday 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM.

Germany
Level Contributor
259 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Post Office opening hours.

Where else would I be able to buy stamps (just ordinary ones for a postcard to Europe)? I will be in Muscat on a Friday and Saturday only, however would like to send some cards back home. I am not staying in one of the big hotels, but in a B&B. Are stamps also available in souvenier shops or similar places?

Oman
Level Contributor
101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Post Office opening hours.

You can buy a post cards and the stamp at the souvenir's shops at Mattrah Souq or similar areas.

6. Re: Post Office opening hours.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 22:35
Ahmedabad, Gujarat...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Post Office opening hours.

post office won't be open on the weekend right?

Ahmedabad, Gujarat...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Post Office opening hours.

weekends?

Ahmedabad, Gujarat...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Post Office opening hours.

Hey, how many days did it take for your parcel to reach the destination? if you could specify the destination as well. :)

I want to send one to Canada. do you know approximately how many days it would take to reach?

10. Re: Post Office opening hours.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2015, 05:16