We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

several hours in muscat

1 post
Save Topic
several hours in muscat

Hello

im from kuwait going to europe around new years time through muscat. I have a 7 hour layover on my way to europe and a 12 hour layover in muscat coming back to kuwait. Please advise me on where to go during these hours as I havent been to oman before n I would love to go to some interesting places in muscat. Thanx

Muscat, Oman
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: several hours in muscat

Hi,

In 7 hours you can see Muscat city and it's surroundings. And on the way back from Europe (having 12 hours) you can go out of Muscat: Nizwa, Jebel Shams, Jebel Al Akhdar or East Coast with some wadis...

There are many opportunities. It is depend of the time of the day (or night).

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: several hours in muscat

I have never been to Kuwait, so I'm not sure what might be different in Oman that you would be interested in.

However. I would say that some of the things that usually impress people who live in other GCC countries are the mosque, some of the forts in old Muscat, and the general landscape. With that 7 hour layover you might consider heading down toward old Muscat, stopping at Bait Al Zubair (museum), and then doing a walk around the palace and the forts.

The 12 hour layover may be enough to head to Nizwa and back. This is a good trip to see the landscape of Oman, and Nizwa is also a nice little town/city/thing. Without knowing what the weather is going to do, it may not be a great idea to plan on heading to any of the big wadis.

3. Re: several hours in muscat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:18