We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Muscat to 1000 nights camp

Mississauga, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Transportation from Muscat to 1000 nights camp

My husband and I are travelling to Muscat for a few days. We wanted to spend one night at the 1000 nights camp. The problem we are having is that the camp provided transportation from Muscat to their camp is 100 OMR per person, which seems a little pricey in my opinion. Would any of you know of another way to get to the camp from Muscat that would be cheaper?

We are not keen on driving ourselves as neither one of us have driven outside of North America and we are uncomfortable with the idea of driving in a foreign country and especially in the desert.

Thanks so much!

Germany
Level Contributor
259 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Muscat to 1000 nights camp

You should really consider driving yourself. Driving in Oman is really, really easy, as long as you have a GPS. Traffic in Muscat sometimes is a bit brisk, particularly during rush hour, but as soon as you get outside the town you will feel like on a country road in Saskatchwan: few to no other cars. Driving in the desert is not particularly challeging either, it was our first trip in a desert and first time ever to drive a 4- wheel car and it was no problem at all. There are significant tracks in the sand which show you where to drive. Alternatively the camp can send you a guide to the Shell gas Station in Al Wasil who will drive in front of your car and take you to the camp. I think it costs around 40 OMR.

2. Re: Transportation from Muscat to 1000 nights camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 03:05
Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Muscat to 1000 nights camp

Hello SMK;

Well i agree with the first post driving will be the best way but since you are uncomfortable, than you should look for a transportation from the camp or a taxi which both might be expensive too.

Here is another camp in Bidiyah and its well known as well. You will find their contact details at the end of the video. You can contact them and compare prices. also call Ms Christine (+968) 96680094

Sama Al Wasil Camp

http://youtu.be/ILgAS9FOdQo

Welcome to Oman :))

Edited: 03 March 2014, 08:14
4. Re: Transportation from Muscat to 1000 nights camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 05:16