We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a 4x4 from Shangri-la

Which Muscat hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
22 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a 4x4 from Shangri-la

Hi,

I'd like to hire a 4x4 either directly from the Shangri-la, or from a company that will deliver a car to the Shangri-la. I'm struggling to find out if this is possible, most hires seem to be from the airport or from one of the city centre based hotels. Can anyone please help?

We don't want the additional cost of hiring from the airport as we don't expect to use it during our first few days in Oman. We also don't want to have to get a taxi back to the airport to pick up a hire car.

Many thanks,

Nina

London
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a 4x4 from Shangri-la

Have you contacted the Shangri-La to ask if they can organise this for you? I'm sure they can, although I would suspect they will charge you quite a lot.

Alternatively have you contacted any of the rental companies? They may be willing to bring it over for you for an additional fee. Otherwise, you could arrange to meet the rental company at one of the more central hotels to collect the car. Usually you don't need to drop it at the same place, so if you want to keep the car until you leave from the airport, you can probably drop it back there at the end of your trip.

Most things are possible in Oman for a price :)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a 4x4 from Shangri-la

Silverswimmer reported in another thread that there is a rental agency at Shangri-La. I also would be surprised if any of the agencies wouldn't deliver a car to you. Omanis are friendly like that, even if it isn't an official service.

3. Re: Hiring a 4x4 from Shangri-la

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 06:16