We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
78 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a driver for an eight day stay in Oman based in Muscat? We will be doing day trips out of Muscat to places like Nizwa, Jebel Shams, Bahla Fort....etc. Any recommendations? I am not keen on renting a car as we were just in a horrible car accident on the highway in South Africa (not our fault) and driving again just does not seem appealing.

Thanks.

42 replies to this topic
Germany
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???

Hi,

yes, I have a good Driver and Guide for you. His Name is Nawaf al Wahaibi. E-Mail:

Nawaaaf919@hotmail.com. Phone/Whatsapp: 00968 96 66 09 58.

I was on Tour with him (10 Days) and I had a great time with him. Look, what I wrote about him on the post

"Private Tourguide for Oman":

As I said, I have done all this with a local tour guide, I've met him at a previous trip. At the time I crossed with a tour group the Rub el Khali with tents and 4x4 car, and got to know him as a really reliable and very good driver.

He is a friendly, open, dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced guide, and from the beginning I knew, that I am in good Hands.He was concentrated, when it need to be necessary (difficult road conditions, desert etc.) and he was funny and amusing if it was the right time.

So, if someone is looking for a tour guide for Oman, I highly recommend him! His Name is Nawaf al Wahaibi, E-Mail: Nawaaaf919@hotmail.com, Phone-Number (Whatsapp) 00968 96 66 09 58. Just tell him, that you have the contact from this Internetpage and if you want, you can send him best wishes from Monika from Germany.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???

Hi there - I've had a quote from a recommended driver of OMR 125 per day for a private guide for 3 days. This is over our budget and I wondered if it's worth hunting around for someone cheaper but still reliable, fun and informative? If anyone has Any suggestions I'd be grateful to hear . Many thanks Sarah

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???

While engaging private vehicles or drivers, make sure they comply with standard requirements such as insurance, valid driver's documents, etc - in your own interest and to protect you and co-passengers if any.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
78 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???

Sound advice. Thank you for that. It's easy to forget those details when in the middle of planning.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???

Hi

we have a rent car shop in Muscat Tulip Inn , and we can provide a driver as well for any costumer Mazen 99811011

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
78 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???

What would be the cost per day?

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???

Hi Sarahjj.... I am wondering how you went with this? Did you use this driver - this quote seems quite good to me! Where did you find this?

8. Re: Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 June 2017, 05:57

Oman
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???

If you are looking for a taxi in Oman then

Muscat Taxi is a professional, reliable and dependable taxi and transportation service.

We offer private tours, door-to-door transportation 24 / 7 .

Call us at:00968-99143222 to book a taxi

Our list of tours are

A)MUSCAT TOUR

Places covered in tour are:

The cost for full tour is: 50 Rials for 4 people(8a.m to 3 p.m)

1)Grand mosque

2)Opera House

3)Qurum Beach

4)Mutrah Fish & Vegetable Market

5)Muscat Souk

6)Al-Alam Palace

7)Al-Mirani fort

8)Al-Jalali fort

B)NIZWA TOUR

The cost for full tour is: 100 Rials for 4 people (8 a.m to 5 p.m)

1)Grand mosque

2)Head to Nizwa

3)Nizwa Fort

4)Nizwa Souk

5)Bahla Fort

6)Bahla Souk(view pottery)

7)Jebrin castle

C)WADI SHAB

The cost for full tour is: 100 Rials for 4 people(8 A.M to 5 P.M)

D)NAKHAL AND BARKA TOUR

The cost for full tour is: 100 Rials for 4 people(8 A.M to 5 P.M)

1)Grand mosque

2)Barka Souk & Fish Market

3)Nakhal Fort

4)Al Thowarah Hot Springs

5)Get a fish pedicure

Thank You,

Khalid Said

10. Re: Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2017, 02:00

Reply to: Hiring a driver in Oman for eight days out of Muscat???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted