We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport requirements

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
passport requirements

Hi All,

I am coming back to Peyia in November but my passport runs out in March next year, I understand that you need 6 months on your passport to enter Cyprus, my question is will I need to get a new passport or will I be admitted without any issue ???

England, United...
Level Contributor
935 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport requirements

From the website of the High Commission of the Republic of Cyprus in London...

3. Passport Validity for Visitors

European Union passport holders – no specific validity period required; passport must simply be valid on the date of return.

mfa.gov.cy/mfa/…

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport requirements

Cheers Hoggyn that answers my question thank you,

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,754 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passport requirements

But you may as well get a new one because British passport offices simply add on the unexpired portion to the next passport so if it's due in March and you renew in October then your next passport will have 6 months extra on it.

One less thing to do next year

Larnaca, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaca
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport requirements

I think I have read something about 3 months lately on an official document of the Republic...let me confirm it on Monday and will revert. Latimer's suggestion sounds great to me, however.

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passport requirements

thank you all for your replies and I look forward to hearing from you Margory

England, United...
Level Contributor
935 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: passport requirements

Your passport will be fine. Earlier this year, Easyjet made a cock up by barring a passenger from flying to Cyprus because his passport had less than three months to run but they were in the wrong and they later admitted it. For travel within the EU, unless you want to stay for over three months, your passport only has to be valid for the duration of your stay.

theguardian.com/travel/2013/jun/20/passport-…

And from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office...

https:/…entry-requirements

Edited: 13 September 2013, 21:20
Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: passport requirements

thank you Hoggyn your advice is much appreciated

8. Re: passport requirements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Paphos District