We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there enough to keep busy @ InterContinental Aphrodite?

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Is there enough to keep busy @ InterContinental Aphrodite?

We are a young family with a 5 year old and 2 year old thinking about going to InterContinental Aphrodite Hills Resort for 5 or 6 nights at Easter (April 16th) .. is there enough for the kids to do as it is out of season .. no evening entertainment until May.

Would appreciate your thoughts .. we are saving hard for an Easter break and would like it to be just right. We are hoping for some sunshine and just warm temperatures.

Any insight or guidance/suggestions much appreciated!

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there enough to keep busy @ InterContinental Aphrodite?

Mid April is still early for guaranteed warm weather, although daytime temps are usually pleasant. Outdoor pools will be cool and the sea will still be cold. Evenings will be chilly.

Aphrodite Hills is very isolated with little public transport and taxis are expensive in Cyprus. A more centrally located hotel in Kato Paphos would give you more to do in the event of inclement weather. The Annabelle, The Almyra, and the Amphora Hotel & Suites are all well located, well reviewed hotels.

Trisha

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there enough to keep busy @ InterContinental Aphrodite?

Hi , I agree with Trisha hopefully the temperature will warm up a little for Easter ,I hope so I fly out on the 21st ,but with children to entertain I would stay in Paphos . have a look at the alexander The Great Hotel overlooking the harbour . They advertise kids club and all year round entertainment .you can read the reviews under the hotels tab at the top of this page.Julie

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,464 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there enough to keep busy @ InterContinental Aphrodite?

We love Aphrodite Hills and have stayed many times. Whilst there is no evening entertainment until May they do make a fuss at Easter for the kids, Easter Bunny, Easter egg hunt etc and the kids club is one of the best we have ever experienced.

However, I agree that if it rains then apart from the kids club and the indoor swimming pool there is not much else to do, although I would also argue the point that with a 5 and a 2 year old there is not much else to do in Paphos either and a car is a must - at least for a few days - if you stay at Aphrodite Hills

London, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there enough to keep busy @ InterContinental Aphrodite?

We stayed in Aphrodite Hills complex in a private villa last year and even though we had a great time, we found it a little too far out to enjoy Paphos. We felt we were a captive audience for Intercontinental and their restaurants which even though were ok not good enough to keep us interested for 2 weeks and ended spending time in our car up and down the motorway back to Paphos.

The play area and the kids club looked very good and we joined in some night time entertainment for the kids but seemed to be swayed towards what a few local children who lived on the complex wanted to do, so even though we went in August the entertainment for children and families at night was limited.

Note: Our kids did not enjoy the beach as it is not suitable for digging sandcastles so ended up driving back to Paphos to find sand.

We have booked Paphos again this year but self catering hotel apartments - We have been going to Paphos since our kids were smaller than yours and they have enjoyed - The Beach - The Harbour - The Pafos Zoo - Looney Land play area, Luna Park - Water park will be to cold I think. Bus Rides - which are really good value - Ice-creams, Fat Mamas, Ocean Basket, Sunbow Restaurant - all who welcome kids with open arms.

.....remember kids love a bucket and spade and some water - throw in an ice cream and a holiday in heaven.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there enough to keep busy @ InterContinental Aphrodite?

Intercontinental has a good location 15min from paphos and 5 from Kouklia Village or Pissouri, were you can get some traditiona tavernas ofering good food at good prices.

You will be better with a car so you can travel around.

6. Re: Is there enough to keep busy @ InterContinental Aphrodite?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Paphos District