We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to book?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
124 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to book?

Hi there, me and my gf visited paphos last year and stayed at the Damon, it cost us £505 for two weeks at the beginning of July, we booked in February. We are looking to go back at the same time next year however the price seems to have gone up to £645, it was only £590 two months ago and £600 yesterday! So do you think it would be good to book up now incase it goes up more? or risk leaving it until feb/march where it might have gone up/down in price, any help would be great! Thankyou

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,874 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to book?

Just shows you should book when you see something you like. Flights are more expensive than last year because taxes have gone up and if the airlines are filling their seats then they will get more expensive not cheaper.

No one on here has a crystal ball so just take your chance.

I'd book it and then stop looking at prices - that way you'll be happy with the price you got.

Edited: 13 January 2014, 00:34
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
124 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to book?

Thankyou ,good advice, don't have that much experience of booking my own flights/holidays so never knew what would be best.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
124 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to book?

Also do you know if its cheaper booking online or in the travel agents? cheers

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,874 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to book?

It depends.

I'd get quotes from both and see which was best.

I'd use skyscanner or travel supermarket to see whose flights were cheapest for the time I wanted to go and then look on www.booking.com or Expedia to see what the hotels prices were with an agent, I'd also look direct with the hotel

And then I would check with a package operator to see what prices they could get.

When I had the best price combination I'd book it

5. Re: Best time to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Paphos District