We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather this week

manchester
Level Contributor
128 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Weather this week

Hi all

Just wondering what this weeks weather is like? I am arriving in to Paphos on Sunday for a short break and the BBC weather website has got me all excited with its 21c forecast, is it true? Will I needs suncream?

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
61 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather this week

You are correct, and it has been hitting highs of 23/24 at midday. Personally I don't think suncream is required because the UV level isn't that strong, but apply it if you feel like you should.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather this week

Yes, bring your sunscreen! If you're baring your skin to the sun for the first time since last summer, then you will need protection. I was down at the harbour today and there was lots of visitors catching the rays - residents were of course in boots and coats! It's cool after sundown.

We've had a very mild winter this year and not a lot of rain. Still not too late for a bit of wintery weather but I hope it stays fine for your holiday.

Enjoy!

Trisha

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,479 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather this week

Why would you not take sunscreen ???

I've lost count of the 'toasted' torsos on show along the promenade at most times of year and many were not a pretty sight. In for an unpleasant evening suffering the equivalent of a localised hot flush and then peeling for days.

Sunscreen makes sense for so many reasons and to quote Baz Luhrmann 'trust me on the sunscreen' one day you'll be glad you did.

manchester
Level Contributor
128 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather this week

Well latimer because if it was raining for the 3 days I am there I wouldn't need it? I don't use sunscreen in the rain in England and I haven't been on holiday in winter in Europe before so thought it best to ask! I don't really need a rhetorical question - if you asked the same of England right now people would say no and bring a boat with you to row yourself out of the floods! Thank you missindy and James!

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather this week

Do come back and let us know how you got on.

Another beautiful day today - windy but clear blue skies and sunshine all the way.

Enjoy!

Trisha

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,479 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather this week

But no one can tell you what the weather will be like on the three days you are there - they can only tell you what it is like now and look at a weather forecast as you have done (which you questioned)

So you have two options

1. Take sunscreen, in which case you have it with you and can use it if the weather is nice or if not you can leave it in your suitcase and have lost nothing.

or

2. Don't take it with you and then when you get there if the weather is nice you can

a) stay out of the sun because you didn't take sunscreen

b) go in the sun and burn

c) buy some when you get there, which is daft because it is so much cheaper in the UK than it is in Cyprus.

So take a bottle of sunscreen and hopefully the weather will be nice enough for you to use it.

Enjoy your holiday and avoid the 'toasted' torso look. You'll thank me when you're older.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
725 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather this week

I agree with latimer definitely take sun cream we were in Paphos last week of January and the first few days there were not great weather wise and then it really brightened up but I still didn't think it was that warm so stupidly went out with no cream on .... Boy did I look stupid that evening going out for dinner with my very red face and Rudolph nose !!!!!!

manchester
Level Contributor
128 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather this week

Thanks as I have Lilly White skin I will apply cream! latimer - not sure destination experts are meant to be so snarky you almost sound like a troll and look at my picture I ain't young.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,479 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather this week

Destination experts are just the same as any other poster, only they spend more time on the forums than most.

In my time as a destination expert I've been called many things; sometimes nice things, sometimes not so nice things and sometimes really nasty things - believe it or not I recall a particularly nasty private message from someone that said they hoped I would I'd die soon so in the general scheme of things I'm quite happy to be called 'snarky'

Fortunately, all water off a duck's back as the posts saying thanks and the many thousands of people that have had a better holiday because I answered one of their questions make up for it.

Sometimes I'm blunt, sometimes I'm sarcastic but mostly all I'm trying to do is help someone enjoy their holiday and you will enjoy it more without sunburn

10. Re: Weather this week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Paphos District