We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train paris to Venice

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
train paris to Venice

I am posting this for friends. They want to travel from paris to Venice on August 2 by train during the night. There are two of them traveling together. When we go to the trenitalia site they ask what sort of seat/couchett/Compartment.

1. Since they want to sleep for part of this journey, what do you suggest they buy. What is the comfort difference?

2. Is first class much different then second class?

3. Do they need to reserve/buy ahead of time or can they be pretty sure of tickets being available on the day of travel in Paris.

4. Realisticly how comfortable will this trip be for them. They want to be able to walk around Venice on the morning of their arrival.

5. What is the artesia train like.

Thank you

PS..Should they just hop on plane instead?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,060 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train paris to Venice

This is a journey to be avoided. It is neither romantic nor comfortable. There are a number of posts about this.

Your friends should fly.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,242 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train paris to Venice

Flights Paris to Venice www.easyjet.com

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train paris to Venice

I agree with flying...but one of the ladies has a fear of planes so they thought to give the train a go.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
4,592 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train paris to Venice

How about a day train? I know some people might regard the journey as time lost, but you can waste an awful lot of time at airports.

I really enjoy sitting back with a glass of wine and watching the scenery go by or just reading a good book. I love train travel - it's so much more civilized than going by plane, at least it is to my mind.

5. Re: train paris to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Abano Terme