I am posting this for friends. They want to travel from paris to Venice on August 2 by train during the night. There are two of them traveling together. When we go to the trenitalia site they ask what sort of seat/couchett/Compartment.
1. Since they want to sleep for part of this journey, what do you suggest they buy. What is the comfort difference?
2. Is first class much different then second class?
3. Do they need to reserve/buy ahead of time or can they be pretty sure of tickets being available on the day of travel in Paris.
4. Realisticly how comfortable will this trip be for them. They want to be able to walk around Venice on the morning of their arrival.
5. What is the artesia train like.
PS..Should they just hop on plane instead?