We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Diana vs. Ciuci's Manor

Santa Rosa...
7 posts
Save Topic
Villa Diana vs. Ciuci's Manor

Hello!

I am debating whether or not to stay (for 2 nights) at Villa Diana in Agrigento or Ciuci's Manor in Aragona. Ciuci's manor looks wonderful, but it is further away from Valley of the temples (20-30 min drive) and the coast (I would like to see Scala di Turchi). My family is also very interested in natural organic/homemade food, and appreciate the beauty of the countryside. Is Ciuci's Manor worth the more inconvenient drive to see the sights? Or is Villa Diana just as charming?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,959 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Diana vs. Ciuci's Manor

Hello!

The distance is not great to Aragona, and you can easily reach the Valley of the Temples and Scala dei Turchi from Ciuci’s Manor – Dinner at Ciuci’s Manor is a treat, and you would probably better enjoy this unique agriturismo and the opportunity to sample the authentic foods.

Villa Diana is charming but it's a B&B and Ciuci's better matches your interests.

Vagabonda

Edited: 14 September 2010, 01:49
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
87 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Diana vs. Ciuci's Manor

I enthusiastically second Vagabonda's advice! We stayed at Ciuci's manor a couple years ago and loved it. The trip to the Valley of the Temples was not too long--and after a day in the hot sun it was wonderful to return to the beauty of Ciuci's, the company of a small number of fellow travelers, and a great meal.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,959 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Diana vs. Ciuci's Manor

So true IronChefNeva!

The recommendation for Ciuci's Manor is in no way meant to diminish or tarnish Villa Diana, because Villa Diana is a wonderful B&B – These are just two very different experiences, a B&B as compared to an agriturismo.

Vagabonda

Santa Rosa...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Diana vs. Ciuci's Manor

Thank you for your advice Vagabonda and IronChefNeva!!

My family will be staying there for two nights. We are looking for a unique and special experience, so I think this is a good choice for us!

I am sure that Villa Diana is also a wonderful place, and is in a convenient location to see the sights. They, like Ciuci's, make their own olive oil. If we only had one night in Agrigento, I would stay there since it is a bit closer to the sights. But since we have a little more time, we will stay at Ciuci's Manor.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,959 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Diana vs. Ciuci's Manor

If your family makes its own olive oil, they will love their stay at Ciuci’s Manor cindylemao – Ciuci’s olive oil is delicious.

Your family will enjoy sharing experiences with Genevra and Genevra is very generous with her time and obviously very proud of her accomplishments at Ciuci’s Manor.

The countryside around this area of Agrigento province is very beautiful as well - You've made an excellent choice for your family!

Best Wishes!

Vagabonda

6. Re: Villa Diana vs. Ciuci's Manor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2011, 05:16