We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Giardini Naxos to Ragusa

Which Agrigento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Giardini Naxos to Ragusa

I see on google maps that there are several options to drive into Ragusa. We are staying at the DeStefano Palace in Ragusa - the newer part, not in Ibla. The shortest route is just about 2 hrs but this is more inland. If we go the more easterly route to make a stop in Noto, this would be a very different drive and more like 3 hrs. I love to hear some suggestions or comments.

modica
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Giardini Naxos to Ragusa

Your 'two hour' route is completely dependent on whether you stuck behind a lorry, as there are long stretches with no overtaking. I would drive straight down the motorway, and if you like come off at Noto and stop for an ice-cream. Then take the SS115 towards Rosolini - turn off for the 'old'road for Modica, (basically the 2nd on the right) which is a beautiful drive and comes into Modica Bassa - turn right at the mini roundabout - and up the hill and take the main road back to Ragusa, (the blue sign not the brown one) -

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Giardini Naxos to Ragusa

Thank you Modicasa. I think after reading some posts on other forums - it's better to go straight to Ragusa as we'll have luggage in the rental car. Several advised never leaving luggage or other touristy looking items in the car as it is a thief magnet. We'll do a day trip to Noto and Modica the following day.

I'm still hoping to hear about the different routes and driving options into Ragusa from the Giardini Naxos area - we'll be staying in Taormina upon arrival before heading for Ragusa.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,268 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Giardini Naxos to Ragusa

Welcome to Sicily SKCulinary_10!

Although this area is fairly safe, it is always a calculated risk to leave luggage unattended in the car – Theft is opportunistic and can happen anywhere at any time.

When driving from point to point, take autostrada whenever possible, but your quickest route is two hours with the inland route bypassing the Siracusa area.

Check ViaMichelin’s recommended route for explicit directions.

http://www.viamichelin.com/

Modica and Noto is an easy day trip from Ragusa!

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

4. Re: Driving from Giardini Naxos to Ragusa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:16