We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Beach in Agrigento

Burnaby, British...
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish Beach in Agrigento

I'm staying in Taormina for a few days in July and I really would like to see the Scala dei Turchi in Agrigento. I'm wondering if it's more practical to make a daytrip and return to Taormina and catch a train back to Rome (for a flight), or stay one night in Agrigento and catch a flight from Palermo. I know Agrigento is really out of the way but I really would love to go and see them but want to be practical about it. ANY suggestion would be helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Taormina
Taormina
Sicily, Italy
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Turkish Beach in Agrigento

Thank you, I enjoyed reading those articles. I hope the repairs don't take too long. It happens at the Amalfi coast, but it usually takes only a few months. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by June, July, we'll have an idea. Otherwise I'll just to plan another trip to Sicily! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,860 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Turkish Beach in Agrigento

Prego vteotl,

Construction and repair is currently underway.

But you might reconsider two nights here - Everything here is easily enjoyed on a day trip, and if the weather doesn't cooperate....

Realmonte is also sufficiently near to Agrigento to visit from a base in Agrigento.

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Realmonte
Realmonte
Sicily, Italy
Wollongong
Level Contributor
96 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Turkish Beach in Agrigento

I just have to comment it's well worth the visit! We toured along the south coast after staying near Agrigento and enjoyed it all very much.

~ meant to say note our photo - the turkish steps!

Edited: 24 May 2013, 08:03
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,860 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Turkish Beach in Agrigento

Thank you Koorianda - Yes, the Scala dei Turchi is worth the stop!

http://goo.gl/1spvz

Vagabonda

25. Re: Turkish Beach in Agrigento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 05:15