We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap place to stay that offers single occupancy?

Leeds, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Cheap place to stay that offers single occupancy?

Hi, I'm a single female traveller, I fly into Catania from Verona on the 29th August and fly out from Catania on the 10th of September.

I will spend most of my time in Siracusa I'm staying at the LOL hostel, but I wanted to visit agrigento aswell, my plan is to take the bus from Catania airport to agrigento on the 29th and stay a few nights maybe 3 I can't find anywhere that has single rooms though all are double and expect you to pay for two occupancies. Any suggestions? It can be in nearby areas as long as they have public transport options it really only needs to be super basic as I'm used to backpacking and hostel living! So any B&B.s or hostels in agrigento or surrounding areas that offer single rooms or dorms please?

Thank you!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,867 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap place to stay that offers single occupancy?

Welcome to Sicily Tee O!

Two nights would suffice in Agrigento.

Terrazze di Montelusa and B&B Portatenea are lovely and reasonably priced for single use.

Vagabonda

Leeds, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap place to stay that offers single occupancy?

Thank you for your reply! I've actually changed my travel plans and you seem extremely knowledgeable so I hoped you could offer guidance.

I fly into Catania on the 29th I have found somewhere to stay until the 1st of September in that time I'd like to do a day trip to agrigento, now the rest of my travel plans include Siracusa, noto and Taormina, I know I want to spend 3-4 nights in Siracusa definitely and I've found somewhere to stay my question is how to structure the trip(all public transport)

I originally thought to go from Catania to Siracusa to noto (for 2 nights) and then up to Taormina for 3 nights incl a mt etna day trip but does this seem silly going down to noto and then back up to Taormina? I fly out from Catania on the 10th and plan to use public buses for the duration of my stay.

If you could offer any help I would be very grateful.

Also how do I find out general bus costs between these places? In general when I'm not using buses I'll spend most the time walking ( I'm 20 and can walk a few hours comfortably) do you think I'll have issues getting around?

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap place to stay that offers single occupancy?

Hi. Siracusa would deserve more time. Consider 2 nights in Taormina and 3 nights in Siracusa, with a daytrip to Noto from there.

From both Taormina or Siracusa, you would take a direct bus to Catania airport.

www.interbus.it

Prices aren't high, you can check the website.

Leeds, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap place to stay that offers single occupancy?

Thank you I'm doing Catania 29th-1st

Siracusa 1st - 5th and

noto 5th-7th.

I have 3 days left i don't know wheter to do Taormina or ragusa? I like ragusa because of the small towns and the beaches but I don't have a car so will Taormina be the better option? If ragusa what town to stay in?

Thank you for all the help!

Tee

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap place to stay that offers single occupancy?

Prego Tee O. Consider that two days are a lot of time in Noto, it's quite small and one would be usually enough to see it all.

Ragusa is a scenic baroque hilltop town, but it's located inland and has no beaches. Taormina would be much more convenient for your departing flight.

6. Re: Cheap place to stay that offers single occupancy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 05:16