We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Prices - Alassio

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Prices - Alassio

Hi, Does anybody know what the price is to use the beach facilities. A lot of the hotel and information sites state the they are available for a daily fee but I have no idea how much this would be a day. I am travelling as a couple so it would be good to know so that we can try and budget! Thanks

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,221 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Prices - Alassio

This one http://www.bagnilido.com/listino.html is €55 for the row next to the sea per day in August moving in steps down to €30 for the fourth and fifth rows. That's for an umbrella with small table, two sunbeds and a director's chair.

You can get it more or less expensive than that, certainly down to €20, and some places will do half-day rentals.

There are some small free beach areas, and bigger ones on the Laigueglia-Alassio border. Some of these may offer much cheaper rentals of separate sunbeds and umbrellas, but I do not know.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Prices - Alassio

This would be very helpful to know more about, as I'm looking to book Alassio for my family this week. Does rental of a 'station' get your whole family (2 +3) in or is that extra?

Thanks

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,221 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Prices - Alassio

In the bagno I posted the prices for, what you get for the price is for 2+1 as indicated. But often the basic price is for only two sunbeds or seats. Extra seating will almost always be available, but usually at additional cost. Extras for children are sometimes at reduced cost.

With three very small children, babies and toddlers, you might just about be able to squeeze under one umbrella. But for a family of five with older children, rental of two positions would probably be deemed necessary, and would most certainly be desirable.

Or you can buy cheap beach umbrellas at a local supermarket and sit on towels on a free beach.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Prices - Alassio

Thanks. I was previously told all beaches in Alassio were chargeable? Is this not so? All I want is for the kids to be able to build castles at the shoreline and swim in the sea. Towels in the beach will do us just fine....!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,221 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Prices - Alassio

There are a few very small free beach areas - depends when you're going, really, they will be unbelievably crowded in August and on summer weekends, when using a pay-beach would certainly be preferable.

There are somewhat bigger free beach areas around the Alassio-Laigueglia border and in Laigueglia itself. And also in Andora.

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Prices - Alassio

I would stay clear of the public beaches in Alassio and Laigueglia. They are little more than tiny, thin ribbons of sand (running longways from street to sea in the town, or sideways underneath the parapet of the main coast road outside town) and are unbelievably crowded. You can barely see any sand between the towels and you are literally inches away from other users. Plus your neighbours are sometimes not the sort of people you want to be inches away from if you've got young kids.

The 'deal' with Alassio holidays is that the beach (AND PARKING!) is a significant cost that you have to factor in to the total cost of your holiday. My advice is always to think of your hotel tariff as simply a part of the big headline costs of the trip. You can often spend another 60-80% of your hotel bill on these two other essentials.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Prices - Alassio

will you please recommend an upscale private beaches ? we are going as couple as well, and we dont want any bad experience in this trip? your recommendations are highly appreciated :)

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Prices - Alassio

which is more recommended to visit, for a quite , relaxing, and enjoyable beach, Alassio Savona or Rimini beachesor camogli ??

thanks a lot

9. Re: Beach Prices - Alassio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 06:20