We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours, day trips from Alba with public transportation

Which Alba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
54 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Tours, day trips from Alba with public transportation

We will be staying in Alba 10/8 - 10/14, and having a car is not an option. We have one full day tour booked with Travel Langhe, and are looking for things to do the other days. We will, of course, be going to the Truffle Festival Saturday and/or Sunday (I've read one day is enough).

We enjoy hiking from village to village, which we've done in several areas in Italy (Camogli, Lerici, Bagni di Lucca, etc). An ideal day for us is to take a bus or train somewhere, walk to another village, wander around, have lunch, then take a train or bus back to where we're staying. Or, if there are any walks we could do from Alba, that would be great, too. I've read that there are many trails through vineyards, etc, but can't find any details. We prefer to not walk on roads. From my research so far, places like La Morra, Grinzane Cavour, and Diano d'Alba look beautiful, and aren't too far from Alba, so maybe there's a bus that goes there? We're not looking for long treks, but it's just a relaxing way to soak up the scenery and get off the beaten path (and burn up some calories to make up for all the eating!). Does anyone have any ideas for us?

I am also wondering if there are tours that combine wine tasting with food tasting, such as cheese, salumi, chocolate?

I did see information on a 2-hour tour in an "ape calesse", which looks intriguing. Has anyone taken this tour or know anything more about it?

Thanks!

1. Re: Tours, day trips from Alba with public transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 September 2013, 08:35
Virginia
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours, day trips from Alba with public transportation

The tourist office has brochures on walks. That was my plan, but it rained the entire time I was there, with the exception of a couple hours one day, during which we just walked out of the town among the vineyards and had some nice views.

Neive is easily reached by bus--I wanted to check it out but did not have a chance. You could walk one way and bus back (7km).

more resources:

www.winetrekking.it/en/trekkingdelbarbaresco

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
54 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours, day trips from Alba with public transportation

Thanks for the information. I have contacted albawaytours and will see what they can set up for us.

LuvGoin - the trekking website is great! It has several options that I think we'll be able to work with, and I am happy that you say the tourist office has information. We'll check in with them when we get there. I hope we have better luck with the weather than you did -- a little rain is ok, but to get basically your whole visit rained out would be disappointing.

4. Re: Tours, day trips from Alba with public transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 07:19