We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Use of train tickets from Rome to Anzio

Northampton
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Use of train tickets from Rome to Anzio

Hi All.

Firstly this is a great site which has helped me hugely in research and planning my forthcoming trip to Rome.

However the one thing I've been unable to find and a question I could do with having answered is that if purchasing a train ticket for a journey from Rome to Anzio, am I able to get off at Villa Claudia before the train arrives at Anzio town so that I may visit Beach Head War Cemetery and then get back on the next train down to Anzio where I can visit the town and perhaps the other cemetery and museum?

Or must I purchase a ticket from Rome to Villa Claudia and then purchase another ticket from Villa Claudia to Anzio when I wish to proceed?

I travel on Wedesday 29th June so any guidance on this particular issue will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,305 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Use of train tickets from Rome to Anzio

These are Regionale trains. The ticket you are sold can be used on any Regionale train between Rome and Anzio. Before you get on the train, you must time-stamp the ticket in a yellow machine at the station and it is then valid for travel in one direction for the time printed on it, usually 6 hours.

So therefore, yes you can get off at a station along the way and get back onto another train, provided you complete your journey within the time limit.

Northampton
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Use of train tickets from Rome to Anzio

Thank you so much :) This is the last bit of crucial info I need for my trip. Very much appreciated :)

3. Re: Use of train tickets from Rome to Anzio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 12:15