We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany Villa July 2010

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Tuscany Villa July 2010

I am trying to research villas in Tuscany for 6 adults and two children for July 2010. The ones that I love are too expensive for some of the people joining us however as is always the case; everyone has champagne taste on the beer budget. If anyone out there can suggest something around Euro 2000 a week I would really appreciate it. Hoping for a villa sole use with of course those gorgeous Tuscan views. We are all keen cooks so a market close by would be an added bonus. Thank you in anticipation....Dean

Southern Tuscany
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscany Villa July 2010

Dean, it could also be the case that many of the agencies you've perhaps come across on-line are adding on a massive great supplement for the benefit of their "services". There are so many out there and some of them are nothing short of total rip-offs.

Take a look at Owners Direct, which is a UK based booking direct website: www.ownersdirect.co.uk

If you're not fixed on the Arezzo area but would consider elsewhere - and they have lots in the Val d'Orcia, arguably the most beautiful part, as they're based there - check out www.verdidea.com They have properties in all price ranges and don't add on a hefty surcharge.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuscany Villa July 2010

Thank you so much for sending through that information. The only reason the original post came through on the Arezzo region is purely a mistake on my part - I have no idea really on the regions but meant Tuscany on the whole so am excited about your new suggestion. Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Regards,

Dean.

Cold, cold Hobart!

Volterra, Italy
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuscany Villa July 2010

Dean,

Euro 2000 a week is alot of money, so as Catie says, be careful of the ripoffs! With a bit of patience you will be able to find something nice with a pool for 8 people for half or little more than half than that price.

Bye.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuscany Villa July 2010

Thank you for that - I guess I will find something cheaper but the research is becoming a nightmare! I have always dreamed of this holiday and it has always been a villa perched on the top of a hill with views out over the countryside dotted with "lollipop" trees - not sure what these lollipop trees are called but they a tall, slender pine type trees you often see in Italian scenes - and after writhing that I have no idea why I have always thought of them as lollipop trees!!!! Thanks for your thoughts.

Regards,

Dean

Southern Tuscany
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuscany Villa July 2010

Lollipop trees (cypressi) all over the region but I personally feel best viewed against the open, rolling countryside in the south. Check out villas in Siena province, they are often listed in that fashion. I'm also trying to find another good website with sensibly priced properties in this area. I posted the address in a post on this board last year but can I find it???

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuscany Villa July 2010

Thank you thank you thank you! Sienna is it - that is the exact countryside I have been looking for. Have tried the privately owned website but not found anything for Sienna on that but will keep searching - at last this search is narrowing down. Again, many thanks.

Dean

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuscany Villa July 2010

July in Tuscany is a beautiful time to go and can be a headache in finding a place that can match your criteria.

I never thought I would second anything that Catie C ever says (hahahah) but she is right about www.ownersdirect.co.uk. You will find plenty of choice and reasonable charges since you normally end up dealing with as the name suggests " owners direct."

And no a return to the Status Quo...Im not such a great fan of the whole southern Tuscany thing since the views always look like the land has been torn apart by Barberian hords( and it certainly was in its day).

My favorite is the Lucca region with its Blue european flag beaches and the landsacpe that rises up to way above 6000 ft.

When you go to Ownersdirect click on the Bagni di Lucca area.Known as the Switzerland of Tuscany, its where Lord Byron and his merry band partied hard. And above it at Mount Prato Fiorito you will walk where Dante found his inspirations.

Good luck and all the best

Dr L

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuscany Villa July 2010

Hi Dean,

We stayed at this Fattoria last year in an apartment but they do have a villa a few minutes away. Their website is www.lastriscia.com and if you look towards the right hand side of the site there is a mention of their villa. I did not see the villa itself but if the apartments are anything to go by it would be beautiful. Arezzo town itself is nice once you go through the city walls. The outskirts are modern but it is well situated and the people at La Striscia would certainly look after you very well.

Enjoy Tuscany. We certainly did last year. Going to Le Marche this year!

Grainne

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tuscany Villa July 2010

Hello Grainne,

Thank you for your time, I will indeed have a look at the website. It's makes a difference if people have been there and I hope we enjoy our experience as much as you obviously have.

All the best,

Dean

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tuscany Villa July 2010

Hi Dean,

Just to mention (I forgot to in the previous reply) that sometimes if you contact the owners directly they may do deals. With the way things are at the moment I am sure that if you source where you want to book and then wait until nearer the time (keep an eye out about 6 months before) deals can be made. An alternative which you might consider would be to book apartments. Some places only have 2 or 3 apartments so each party would have their own independence with the grounds and pool shared. Unfortunately July is high season in europe and prices go up quite significantly. The cut-off point seems to be around mid-June. The website I mentioned at La Striscia is very true to what you will experience there. The only thing they can't show you is the warmth and hospitality of the place. It was amazing. Anyway, enjoy Tuscany, you won't be disappointed.

Grainne