We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Arezzo to Rome

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Train from Arezzo to Rome

We will be returning a car at the Hertz office in downtown Arezzo on Saturday Oct. 4, 2014 . Will there be any problems driving in to Arezzo to return the car on a Saturday? From there we need to get a train to Rome (termini). I checked the Trenitalia site and it looks like there are (3) Arezzo station options, Casello, Pesciola, and S. Giuliano D'Arezzo, which is the best for us to use? I assume we will need to take a taxi to get to the station - or could we walk? Can this ticket be purchased ahead of time or should we just wait until we get there?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Arezzo to Rome

When I go to the Trenitalia web site, it shows one station at Arezzo and it is called Arezzo. For the best prices on your travel, book now. Tickets for early October have already been on sale for almost a month, and the cheapest tickets may have sold out by now on some trains.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Arezzo to Rome

The Hertz rental office is unfortunately not near the train station. It is located in an industrial area of town. You will have to have the Hertz office call you a taxi also, as taxis are not readily available in this area. You will need to factor this time into your schedule (about a 15min drive from Hertz to train station). Avis and Budget are directly across from the train station however if you can change your rental reservation. The station you want is simply called "Arezzo". It is very easy from here to take a train to Termini.

By the way, driving to that Hertz office on a Saturday is fine but I guess it also depends on how far you are coming from?

3. Re: Train from Arezzo to Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 10:17