We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Ascoli Piceno to Pescara

Which Ascoli Piceno hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Ascoli Piceno to Pescara

Hello everyone,

Can someone please tell me how to get from Ascoli Piceno to Pescara. I need to catch a train from Pescara to Milan, but can't find a bus service from Ascoli to Pescara. Thank you!!!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Ascoli Piceno to Pescara

You can get a train from Ascoli Piceno to San Benedetto del Tronto. From there, there are trains to Pescara, but Pescara is south of there, in the wrong direction. It would be better to get a train north to Ancona or Bologna and change there for a train to Milan. A few of the trains from Ascoli Piceno go all the way to Ancona, with no change in San Benedetto.

You can see timetables here:

http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html

Put in Ascoli Piceno as your starting point, and Milan as your destination to see the proposed itineraries. Use a date in the next week to see complete price information, because your first train will be a regional train, which doesn't show prices more than a week in advance. You can get discounts for advance purchase *only on the nonregional trains* but I advise not doing so, because if the regional train is late and you miss the connection, the cheap advance purchase tickets can't be exchanged for a later train.

2. Re: How to get from Ascoli Piceno to Pescara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 21:17