We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Verona and put down both places

Which Bardolino hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Buses from Verona and put down both places

Hi

We are arriving and departing by train from Verona to get over to Bardolino.

I have been given over the course of my itinerary questions 3 timetables for the buses to Bardolino from Verona. NO's 62-64 (whole east side of lake) and 65-66 and also 69.

First of all, can I get any or all of these buses outside the train station or just where is the depot in Verona to pick them up or be dropped off near the train station?

Secondly, I see there are 3 places to drop people by bus in Bardolino. I prefer Piazzale Aldo Mora as it is the closest in walking distance to our apartment. Do all of these buses stop at this Piazzale?

Thirdly, do the buses have a compartment on the outside to carry luggage? If not can we take it on the bus with us?

One of the best additions I have come across on the net is that little google man as he shows you the walking route and I even picked up where the Info centre is across the road from the Piazzale as is a pharmacy and a bankomat around the corner and further down a alementari (grocer) ...so we are well covered walking in!

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from Verona and put down both places

Usually all the lines to out of town start or pass from the main station, that works like a hub.

All the buses stop at every stop... if you ask it! There are buttons all around it to press to make the driver know he must stop at the next stop.

If you are unsure to recognize it, let him know when you board the bus or later, when they are not actually driving, like at any stop.. They are (usually) kind enough.

Yes, there is a luggage bay under the buses: just let the driver know and it will open it for you.

Ciao

Francesco

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from Verona and put down both places

Piazzale Aldo Moro is the main bus stop in Bardolino, therefore all the buses are likely to stop there anyway. The bus pulls into layby and stops right in front of the information centre so you don't even have to cross the road.

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from Verona and put down both places

Yes... But NEVER forget to call the stop (or check if already called... a flashing ligh with "fermata prenotata" should be on near the driver...).

Unlikely as it may be, if no one calls it from inside or outside, the bus will skip it!

Francesco

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses from Verona and put down both places

Thanks to you both for the information. I definitely will ask the bus driver to let us off at the Piazzale as we are getting closerand perhaps a few on the bus also to let us know. Glad they all stop there which gives us better options. Will also keep my eye out for the flashing sign..do I need to know the wording or is it the only flashing sign on a bus?

Now just have to wait for the next schedules to come out.

Got one more question. Can we buy a ticket to come back to Verona from a tabaccheria in Bardolino or do we have to get it from the Information Centre or can we buy a ritorno in Verona and use it on any day and just validate it, as we are over there for 5 nights and then coming back.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses from Verona and put down both places

Oh meant to ask. When we get off the train in Verona is there a tabaccheria in the station where we buy our bus tickets. Also do we validate them on the bus or is there a machine on the pavement where we wait for the ATV bus.. What happens with a ritorno ticket if we buy it in advance do we have to validate it again on the way back.

Sorry so many questions.

Grazie

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses from Verona and put down both places

The sign looks like this

www.flickr.com/photos/battyward/2969172541/

The bus tickets are generic: you have to ask which one you need for your desired stop (ask the seller). There is a ATV (bus company) ticket office at the station.

Either there or in any tabacconsit, you can buy how many tickets you like. You validate them on board.

There are no round tickets, You have to use one for every trip.

Ciao

Francesco

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses from Verona and put down both places

Thanks Effeti, I see the sign and will keep my eye out for it and ensure I ask the driver or someone on the bus when to press the button. We'll just get the ticket to come back on the morning at the tabacchi. I once got a bus up around Lake Como and there were so many young kids on the bus and I thought how come they are not at school...silly me I was on the school bus and no wonder the bus driver gave me that exasperated look! Now I translate all the timetables to check!

Grazie

Niec

8. Re: Buses from Verona and put down both places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:40
Get answers to your questions about Bardolino