We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parc Hotel Germano, Bardolino

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
129 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Parc Hotel Germano, Bardolino

Hi,

My daughter is staying at this complex, self catering in July. Is there a supermarket on site, nr site etc, or is the nearest next to Christina Colour Hotel on the main road. I know there is lidl further up the road.

She will need to get basics for breakfast etc, milk, cerials, bread.

Thank you

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,139 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parc Hotel Germano, Bardolino

Nothing near her. As you said there is the Migross near the Agip garage or further the Lidl. Assume she has no transport. If you are self catering then do the basics once , cereals maybe milk. Just down the road is a bike hire place. Maybe hire for half a day and go down to Migross/Lidl with a ruck sack

OR

There is a local taxi company - just do it once

www.taxibardolino.it/modules.php…

There is a fruit & veg man on the Via Fosse who stocks basic stuff - limited choice. Don't know one but must be a bakers/salami place in the old town

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,139 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parc Hotel Germano, Bardolino

Might be a bit cheeky and depends how one feels about it (personally have no problem) but she could go onto Camping Continental which is a short walk from the Hotel. Not through the front gate but go straight across the roundabout down through the car park to the lake side and walk along the Passeggiata Rivalunga. I know people will say "no no mustn't do it" but to be honest I stay a lot in Lazise on Camping Spiaggia d'oro. Their shops are at the bottom of the site close to the lake as is their cafe restaurant - I wouldn't have a clue if every body in the shop in the morning was staying on the site and the guy who runs the beach cafe (who I've known personally for years) often has his friends around when there is football on. People walk off the beach on to the site to use the cafe even to go to the shops. Again no idea. When I've been staying in Hotels for the weekend I pop over to the site and see him. Technically it is on the site. I've walked on to campsites before just to have a look around - you just have to appear not "lost".

Some campsites do have security but have to just play it by ear

The campsite has a shop - may even sell fresh bread every morning (many do)

www.campingarda.it/continental/en/mappa.php

www.campingarda.it/continental/en/servizi.php

Heres the PDF with the shop/restaurant in the middle of the site

campingarda.it/continental/doc/depliantconti…

No idea if people wear wristbands etc. Where I stay they were only needed to access the pool area. I'd just be checking out other people as I walked around.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parc Hotel Germano, Bardolino

If you read some of the reviews you will see that many people say they used the campsite shop as mentioned above. There is usually a fruit and veg van just by the car park across the road - actually just to the right of the Nettuno main entrance. She will be able to order fresh bread from the Hotel, to be collected in the mornings and they also have a take-away pizza service.

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
129 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parc Hotel Germano, Bardolino

Great, thank you for the tip about cycle hire.

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
129 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parc Hotel Germano, Bardolino

Great, thank you, once they have the breakfasts sorted, they will be out most days and will eat out.

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
129 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parc Hotel Germano, Bardolino

Thank you, we passed the fruit and veg van last year, so I will tell her, also about ordering bread etc. They will be out and about most days, so really once breakfasts are covered they should be fine.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parc Hotel Germano, Bardolino

Hi, they also have bikes at the Parc Germano, sorry don't know how much. Whilst you are all there, I would highly recommend an evening drink on the terrace of the Panorama Bar at the hotel to watch the sun go down over the lake - magnificent!

If she hasn't already got the Parc Germano brochure, it is to be found here:

parchotels.it/uk/catalogo-parchotelgermano.a…

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
129 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parc Hotel Germano, Bardolino

Great, thank you once again.

We will definately have to go the their accommodation and do just that, and take in the views of the lake, as they are higher up so will get a great view.

We are going back to Nettuno, cant fault it, we stayed in Bell Vue last year as we wanted balconies and the Bell Vue could accommodate. The food at Du Lac was fantastic, so was the food at Nettuno, so going there to be closer to them as we help out with the livey 2 year old!!!

My daughter will actually be on her honeymoon when we go this year, she had listened to me and my other half telling her how lovely Lake Garda was that they decided to try it out last year, and loved it so much decided to go for their honeymoon.,

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parc Hotel Germano, Bardolino

I hope you all have a wonderful time. Can't think of a better place to spend a honeymoon.

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
129 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parc Hotel Germano, Bardolino

Thank you, no neither can I, wish I could have afforded a honeymoon 42 years ago, we had to make do with a week off work how things have

changed.

Get answers to your questions about Bardolino