We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which bus stop?

UK
Level Contributor
350 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Which bus stop?

We will be staying in Bardolino in September and plan to get the bus to Verona. Having looked at the timetable there seems to be three or four stops in Verona. Can anyone tell me which would be the one to get off for the most central area of the town please?

S

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which bus stop?

We are just back from 2 glorious weeks in Bardolino and visited Verona twice . The bus stop at the centre is at the top of the Corso Porta Nuova the bus driver will tell you last stop and you walk straght ahead through the arches into the Piazza Bra and the Arena. We thought the bus back would be on the opposite sideof the road but it was at the same stop that we got off at i think it goes to the station first. Te fare is only 4 euros if you buy them at the tobbaconists brfor you go. Hope this helps and have a good time.

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
UK
Level Contributor
350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which bus stop?

Thank you Carrie,that is really helpful.Sounds like you enjoyed Bardolino.We are really looking forward to it.

S

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
133 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which bus stop?

Hi.

Be careful when you get into Verona, this time when we went in July the bus stopped on the opposite side of the road to last year, and the bus back was on the other side of the road.

You will know when you are there as everyone else will get off the bus.

Whichever side of the road you stop on, just look for the arches and a big clock, if the bus stops on the side of the street when we went last year the arches will be in front of you, otherwise if on other side of road they will be behind you.

We caught the bus back on the opposite side of the road this year, but it was still the same side we caught it back last year, so why the bus stopped on the opposite side going in this time I dont know.

Prices of tickets are 4 euro each, one way, you need 2 single tickets per person each journey, just clip the ticket in the machine when you get on bus, which are coaches. Buy the tickets before you go, you dont have to use them the same day, so you can purchase your tickets 2-3 days in advance from tobacci shop in Bardolino town, just tell them where you want to go and ask for 2 singles per person. The tickets are valid until you use them, they are not dated. You can buy from the driver, but it does cost a little more, and they prefer you not to.

You catch the bus(coach) at the bus station on the main road in Bardolino, call into the offices there and ask for a plan of Verona, of anywhere else you might visit. It's a tear off sheet and is free.

See my feedback for Hotel Nettuno, there might be other things on there that might be of interest to you.

Hope you have a great stay, we have been 4 times now and just love it. I dare say we will be back again next year.

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Nettuno Hotel
Nettuno Hotel
457 Reviews
Bardolino, Italy
UK
Level Contributor
350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which bus stop?

Thanks Yorkshirelas,we wil be sure to check where to get the bus back,good info about the map too. I also read the review you wrote re Nettuno and will take note of the trips you discussed. We are stating at the Hotel Bellvue so it is good to hear nice comments about it, we have booked a lake view and balcony, not sure if it has a fridge in the room though which would be a bonus.

Getting excited about the trip now!

S

5. Re: Which bus stop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Bardolino