We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from bardolino

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
106 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions from bardolino

Hi

After long deliberation weve decided to book Du lac/belleview hotel this summer,in bardolino,this will be a nice change from our normal spanish hols.,hope its a good choice.

We like walking and people watching so it sounds just right. Can anyone advise ,or recommend ,if we went on one excursion ,what in your opinion would it be ? if we went to verona does it take in the dolomites on the way,does the lake garda tour,stop off at different towns on route ,and i assume its by boat. Thanks in advance phil.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions from bardolino

Hi, Bardolino is a perfect location if you like walking.

There are a lot of organised excursions available from Bardolino but, in my opinion, one of the best is the Dolomite trip. However, it's better if it's done on a good, clear day when you can enjoy the views. For that reason it's best not to book ahead but to wait until you are in Bardolino and can get some idea of the forecast for the Dolomite region.

Going to Verona doesn't include the Dolomites on the way - the Dolomites are in a different direction - but there really is no reason to go to Verona by organised excursion as you can get there easily from Bardolino by local bus:

…verona.it/atv_www/…62-64.pdf

The Lake Tour is a good way of seeing the whole lake in a day and, if it's done early in your holiday, will give you an idea of which towns you'd like to return to later to spend more time. The tour is actually mostly by coach but includes a short boat trip, and you will stop in various towns during the day.

When I did the tour many years ago (starting from Riva) we stopped in Garda and Lazise, then we had a longer lunch stop in Sirmione before getting a boat to Gardone . After a bit of time there we got back on the coach to return to Riva. As you are starting from Bardolino you may stop in different towns and may even go around the lake in the opposite direction.

The company usually used for the excursions is Europlan and this will give you more details of the tours available:

www.europlan.it/en/61/category/escursioni.php

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,080 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions from bardolino

Hi, the Du Lac/Bellevue is a good choice of hotel, we are going for the second time in a few weeks. We stayed in the Bellevue which is the newer building only going into the Du Lac for evening meals and the bars. The position is ideal right on the lakeside path and certainly in the Bellevue all rooms have lovely lake views, the meals are excellent.

You can get to almost anywhere on the lake from Bardolino either by bus, details as given by Scozzese, or by ferry or a combination of both. This is the summer 2013 timetable and the port is only a short walk from the hotel.

navigazionelaghi.it/file2/…201.pdf

A good day trip is to Malcesine, around 50 mins by bus, where you can take the revolving cable car to the top of Monte Baldo as well as visiting the town and the castle. You do need to pick a clear dry day though in order to get the best views from the top.

From the front of the hotel you can take the lakeside path down through Cisano and on to Lazise, taking just over an hour. The path also carries on past Lazise and on the Peschiera del Garda, another 2 hours. There is also another path connecting Bardolino and Garda, a stroll of around 45 mins.

Bardolino is a good place for people watching, with many bars and restaurants and benches on the lakeside. I am sure you will have a very good holiday.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
106 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions from bardolino

Thanks scozzese and tepore,some really usefull info ,sounds like we're going to need longer than a week,

looking forward to our week in the belleview in july, fab.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions from bardolino

We have just returned from our first visit to Lake Garda, staying in Bardolino.We absolutely loved it and are already planning to go back . We did the Lake tour.You get picked up at the bus station at 8.40 in the morning and the first stop is Sirmione. You have about an hour and a half there with an optional motorboat tour around the lagoon and castle Next stop is Limone for lunch . We loved Limone,it's very pretty.From there you take a boat trip , approx. 40 mins to Riva and then meet the coach to go to Malcesine. Its a great way to see the different resorts although you don't get very long in each. The last 2 stops only give you about 50 mins each .The coach gets you back to Bardolino at about 6.30pm.I think it cost about 46 Euros each.

We also did the Venice by night tour which was absolutely brilliant and definitely worth doing.

Have a great holiday....you will love it !!

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
106 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions from bardolino

Thanks julieEd sounds like you had a fab time, to be honest the lake tour was our first choice trip,youve give us some great info ,out of interest did you book it through your travel company, or locally, thanks againl

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions from bardolino

We booked through our Crystal rep .As we only had one week there, we wanted to make the best use of our time. I'm glad we did as both trips were good value . I would highly recommend the Venice by night trip as well.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
106 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions from bardolino

Hi we booked our hotel through thomson ,which i think is the same as crystal so yeah will book lake trip on welcome meeting , We went to venice some years ago ,which we loved, so if we do another trip it will either be bus to verona ,or dolomites trip . thanks again

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursions from bardolino

".. we booked our hotel through thomson ,which i think is the same as crystal.."

Yes they are the same company and, even if you book through Thomson, your rep will be wearing a Crystal uniform.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excursions from bardolino

Can anyone describe the Venice by night trip compared to the Venice trip apart from the obvious that is? Many thanks malc.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,226 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excursions from bardolino

Done most of the trips from Lake Garda, I would agree that the Dolomite's should not be missed,

Get answers to your questions about Bardolino
Recent Conversations