We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Garda at Easter

Camborne, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Garda at Easter

We have stayed in Bardolino (the Gritti) in July and enjoyed it but one of our teenage daughters does not enjoy the heat much so I wondered about trying a different time of year. We are restricted as to when we can go because of school dates and also the need for them to do GCSE revision that also rules out May half term. That leaves us with the Easter holidays. I know the weather can be unpredictable then but is it still worth going? On a nice day would it be warm enough to sit around a pool? Does Easter mark the opening dates of most eating places as we do like to eat out? And are there many people about as it's nice to have some atmosphere? Any opinions welcome!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,967 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Garda at Easter

Hi, as you said, the weather is unpredictable then so it may not be nice enough to sit by a pool. However, Easter is later next year (April 20th) than it was this year which means the weather *may* be a bit better. If you are thinking about going back to Bardolino again then that area is likely to be warmer than the north.

Easter is when things start to open up for the season so there will be shops, restaurants and cafes all open for business, and the boats will be on their Spring schedule. If you are there over Easter weekend though you need to be aware that Easter Monday is a holiday.

There are several old threads discussing Lake Garda in April, e.g.:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187768-i20-k317…

Or just put "Lake Garda in April" in the search box (top right of the page) to find more comments.

If you would still like to consider going in the summer then the north of the lake has predictable breezes which cool it down and make it much more bearable. Riva and Torbole are both quite breezy in the summer months and you can almost set your watch by the wind that comes up the lake at lunchtime!

Do your daughters get a break for October half-term? If so then that could also be a good time to go.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187838-i641-k47…

Camborne, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Garda at Easter

Thanks for the info. October half term tends to be quite late in the month which I thought may be a little late to go but I will check those links thanks.

3. Re: Lake Garda at Easter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bardolino
Recent Conversations